Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] First Blood Crits (1.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

McNuggetFiend
Old 08-02-2009 , 03:17   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #11

Yes your plugin doesn't work in Arena, but we want the First Blood crit buff in Arena to be removed, not the plugin itself. We were hoping we could achieve that through this.
Send a message via AIM to McNuggetFiend Send a message via Yahoo to McNuggetFiend
alinayg
Old 08-15-2009 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #12

You know that red/blue glowing effect + lighting they added. Anyway that you could make It look like that with this now?
Old 08-16-2009 , 17:08   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #13

I put this on my server and killed a player, then fell of a ledge and died before I could crit anyone else. When I respawned, there was a negative countdown in middle of my screen. Is this a bug that happens if you die before your crit time is up?
alinayg
Old 08-16-2009 , 17:28   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #14

I don't know but that happens to me sometimes too, but If you actually count the seconds your self It's still the same as you set In the cfg.
Old 08-16-2009 , 19:37   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinayg View Post
I don't know but that happens to me sometimes too, but If you actually count the seconds your self It's still the same as you set In the cfg.
No, I have it set to 5 seconds and when I respawned, it was showing -10 -11 -12, etc...
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 01:04   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #16

Ill look into that. I have noticed that a few times. Im not really sure why its happening but I may just not be resetting the timer back to 0 properly at some point.

EDIT: I made a few adjustments and updated main post with v0.5. I did some testing and was not able to reproduce the timer displaying incorrectly bug. I have seen it happen before and if anyone figures out WHEN exactly it happens....... Anyways, I moved a few things around and added a few more checks to kill the timer. Ill have to talk to some more experienced SM guys and see what they might think would cause it.

Just so you know, its only the display timer that would be incorrect anyways, the duration they have it for would still be whatever the cvar its set at.

Last edited by retsam; 08-17-2009 at 15:49.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 20:22   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #17

Also good news, for the people wanting to disable the normal first blood stuff in arena, the latest tf2 update gave a cvar for this...

Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)
alinayg
Old 08-17-2009 , 22:14   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #18

Could you make It so you can enable and disable the timer?

"tf_arena_first_blood"

Would this replace your plugin or would be only be on arena o.o?
Old 08-17-2009 , 23:00   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #19

Updated:
Anyone getting the new version, I have renamed sm_firstbloodcrits_time to sm_firstbloodcrits_period. It was too close in name to my new timer cvar. Make necessary adjustments.

I have updated the thread. There is now a cvar sm_arenafirstblood which will toggle the new tf2 arena first blood cvar. All it does is toggle the tf2 cvar on or off. THIS plugin still auto-disables in arena...

Lastly, I have added a cvar per request for the on screen timer. sm_firstbloodcrits_timer. Also I made it so it only displays numbers counting down instead of "#'s second(s) left!"

EDIT#2: I did another plugin called first blood rewards. Same thing except it opens a menu up and lets you select an ability. Might check it out. LINK

Last edited by retsam; 08-21-2009 at 02:56.
Mrcolin
Old 08-30-2009 , 05:44   Re: [TF2] First Blood Crits
Reply With Quote #20

Hey , After last update u get crits but your weapon doesnt turn the "special" uber red/blue ?