Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Original this was a rules plugin, i changed it to a commands plugin.
    Old 08-03-2013 , 18:49   [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #1

Note:
    This plugin was originaly a rules plugin, made by neo_gis, https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=103413
    i just edited the source.

About

Its a extremely useful and simple plugin for your server, . when players type !commands or /commands, a list with available server commands will show up. Every line is numbered, and when you press the number, you will see an advanced discription.
    This is very efficient for in example a welcome message, so people have a clear overview of which commands they can use in your server, the moment they connect!

Install instructions

commands.smx -> addons/sourcemod/plugins
    commands.cfg -> addons/sourcemod/configs

Configuration

The configuration is a piece of cake, simply open the commands.cfg and you will find it out within a second
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (commands.sp - 1389 views - 6.0 KB)
    File Type: cfg commands.cfg (388 Bytes, 1146 views)
    File Type: smx commands.smx (4.9 KB, 699 views)

Last edited by Lepraaah; 08-04-2013 at 14:58.
    Send a message via Skype™ to Lepraaah
    ReFlexPoison
    ☠☠☠
    Old 08-03-2013 , 20:05   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=637467?

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 08-03-2013 at 20:05.
    Lepraaah
    Old 08-04-2013 , 10:31   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
    I dont realy see how that is simular to this.

First of all, i have been looking for a commands plugin through google for 2 hour, but without any result. thats the only term i could imagine to search on, i'd never search for *Help Menu*, and end up there. Thats when i transformed the rules that i was allready using to a commands plugin. also this is just a very simple to use & configure , and very efficient plugin, with a nice discription for every single command you can use. I'm taking 0 credit for this, since i've done almost nothing myself, i just changed some words in the source, i do think alot of people will like this, and its easy to find if they search for it here or through google ;)

Last edited by Lepraaah; 08-04-2013 at 10:41.
    Send a message via Skype™ to Lepraaah
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-04-2013 , 11:50   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lepraaah View Post
    I dont realy see how that is simular to this.

First of all, i have been looking for a commands plugin through google for 2 hour, but without any result. thats the only term i could imagine to search on, i'd never search for *Help Menu*, and end up there. Thats when i transformed the rules that i was allready using to a commands plugin. also this is just a very simple to use & configure , and very efficient plugin, with a nice discription for every single command you can use. I'm taking 0 credit for this, since i've done almost nothing myself, i just changed some words in the source, i do think alot of people will like this, and its easy to find if they search for it here or through google ;)
    The reason he posted it is because the help menu not only does what this plugin does but it also has an admin/map list built into it so It's effectively the easier method to use. You can disable those features via cvars and it would pretty much lead to this plugin.

As for the credit or google searching, doesn't matter much since help menu still does exactly this and more.

- Jack
    salsav91
    Old 08-04-2013 , 14:14   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #5

Servers with this Plugin 35301
    *Clicks the number and sees this*
    "Statistics for: [L4D2] Upgrade packs BUG FIX"

Should that be against the rules? Kinda seems like a bait and switch on statistics to me.

Also, I agree with the others here. This plugins has little to no use when compared to "help menu". I mean I have a custom webpage people can view for commands by just saying !help. That would be easier than this to be honest. If I suggest adding anything. Add the ability for other to activate the ability threw the menu, rather than see what it does. Which, again, help menu already does that.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91

Last edited by salsav91; 08-04-2013 at 14:14.
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 08-04-2013 , 14:16   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #6

He forgot to provide a version cvar, so it reverts to checking all plugins that forgot one.
    Old 08-04-2013 , 14:26   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #7

Useless plugin is useless. Unless you some how figure out away to query all available commands that the client can use within their admin rights.
    Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 08-04-2013 , 14:46   Re: [ANY] !commands - lists your available servercommands + discription
    Reply With Quote #8

The plugin will likely have a use for some people; Web Shortcuts and a .html page on web server suffice for many, but for smaller servers or servers with a lot of commands that are not readily available, can be setup to assist new players. That being said, there are many elements of the existing plugin still remaining from teh copy/paste.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-04-2013 at 15:01.