Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.8 (Updated 12/13/2010)

Post New Thread Reply   

honorcode23
BANNED
Old 07-17-2010 , 21:55   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1 (Updated 07/17/2010)
Reply With Quote #101

I uploaded a new version trying to fix your issues marvel.

1)I modified the double damage code: Instead of sending the Incapacitated property inmediatly (this method didn't show the "Infected Incapacitated Survivor" red message and also, didn't give a pistol to the incapped victim), it will set instantly the survivors health to 1, and apply 1 damage from the attacker.

2)added some checks for the survivor and infected counts. Infected count should not be casted twice per round, and survivors count should work for the second team aswell.

3)Rifle reload: Added some checks and changed some numbers to fit it. It worked fine to me! Teste trough the entire The Parish campaign and had no troubles with this. Hope it is the same to you.

About the custom incapacitated health, it shouldn't be a problem anymore ;)

If you find another bug or error, please report it back to me. If you don't find anything wrong, then it would be time to start forward and add new features

Cheers

EDIT: I joined your server for a while, and it seems like you have 2 berserker plugins enabled. Remove the l4d2_berserk_mode_BETA or l4d2_berserk_mode because if the are both enabled, they may cause issues like the ones you are experiencing. Hope it works now

Last edited by honorcode23; 07-17-2010 at 22:10.
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-18-2010 , 05:09   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #102

Hey honorcode,

Yes I forgot to remove the beta version when I uploaded the new one What a dumb mistake That probably caused a lot of my bugs

Anyway, I uploaded your new version and did some testing (and removed all other versions now )

- Reload works great now
- Damage done by infected is good now as well! I've set it to double (1.0).
- Incap health is fixed and my pistol works when incapped

However, I did find some new (minor) bugs.

- When survivor berserker ends, player is still red for the entire map.
- Music doesn't work anymore when l4d2_berserk_mode_esthetic_shield "1" is set (tested on 3 maps).

Another weird thing is when u use adrenaline, the effects stay until the map ends. If you take adrenaline your hearing changes and that effect never goes away anymore.

It seems to work perfect for the rest! Thanks so much for your effort!
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 07-18-2010 , 13:11   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Hey honorcode,

Yes I forgot to remove the beta version when I uploaded the new one What a dumb mistake That probably caused a lot of my bugs

Anyway, I uploaded your new version and did some testing (and removed all other versions now )

- Reload works great now
- Damage done by infected is good now as well! I've set it to double (1.0).
- Incap health is fixed and my pistol works when incapped

However, I did find some new (minor) bugs.

- When survivor berserker ends, player is still red for the entire map.
- Music doesn't work anymore when l4d2_berserk_mode_esthetic_shield "1" is set (tested on 3 maps).

Another weird thing is when u use adrenaline, the effects stay until the map ends. If you take adrenaline your hearing changes and that effect never goes away anymore.

It seems to work perfect for the rest! Thanks so much for your effort!
Thanks for the report, i think i know the source of those bugs. Just only one question, about the player being red for the entire map, you mean to the survivor or infected? In case you mean the death infected, i don't think i can do much more, since i dont know (yet) how to track the infected's ragdoll entity.

Cheers
daweedn
Old 07-18-2010 , 13:45   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #104

for me it also activates by pressing the mousewheel.
can you remove that please?
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-18-2010 , 15:18   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #105

It's for the survivor, so the survivor is red all the map once he goes berserk.

I like middle mousewheel better then B btw

Last edited by marvel; 07-18-2010 at 15:45. Reason: typo
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-18-2010 , 17:00   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #106

I can report another bug, I don't have any background information though since one of my admins discovered it while playing.

He used medkit during berserker and he ended up having 1 HP health when he used it. I asked him if that would happen all the time but he told me it was random, not always. I didn't experience it myself yet though prolly because I never use a kit during berserk

For the rest all seems good, can't hear anyone complain. Server has been filled to the max all day and my admins couldn't detect any other bugs

Btw I think I worked around the adrenaline bug by setting the cvar to not give adrenaline but just give the effects.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 07-18-2010 , 17:47   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1a (Updated 07/18/2010)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
I can report another bug, I don't have any background information though since one of my admins discovered it while playing.

He used medkit during berserker and he ended up having 1 HP health when he used it. I asked him if that would happen all the time but he told me it was random, not always. I didn't experience it myself yet though prolly because I never use a kit during berserk

For the rest all seems good, can't hear anyone complain. Server has been filled to the max all day and my admins couldn't detect any other bugs

Btw I think I worked around the adrenaline bug by setting the cvar to not give adrenaline but just give the effects.
The sound is already fixed, but, about the 1 hp bug. Being honest with you, i had it only once in my server, i don't remember the specific circumstances when it happened, but, since it never happened again, i didn't even bother on finding the problem. I thought it had been caused by another plugin.

Anyway, ill try to find out the problem, and give a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweedn View Post
for me it also activates by pressing the mousewheel.
can you remove that please?
There is now a convar to disable +ZOOM as the default key. Also, if you referred to the chat spamming using it, it has been corrected.
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-19-2010 , 04:19   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1c (Updated 07/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #108

Thanks for the update again, im gonna test it
daweedn
Old 07-19-2010 , 11:15   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.1c (Updated 07/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #109

that was surprisingly fast
thanks a lot!
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 07-20-2010 , 02:02   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.2 (Updated 07/20/2010)
Reply With Quote #110

New version up! It is the last one with new stuff for a while, im really tired of coding for this plugin right now xD.

Cheers!