Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Ubercharged Setup (1.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2010 , 15:31   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.4)
Reply With Quote #11

Ok, so....

Ive already patched it but, right now I limited it to 2 respawns. Is that too many? I didnt want to add a cvar but, It may be better to.

Im not counting the uberbuff they get from the round-start. So...this would mean they get the round-start buff, then have 2 times they can respawn for another full buff. Im not sure how drastic we need to get here but...

Should I count the buff from the round-start too?

Nevermind. I added a cvar, makes life easiest.

You think I should bother telling them how many uses they get based on the limit cvar each spawn? Or should I just have it deny them and give a msg when they reached the limit? IE: Should I be mean or nice?

Past that its basically fixed now...

Last edited by retsam; 05-25-2010 at 19:58.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2010 , 21:18   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.4)
Reply With Quote #12

2 ideas after testing...

Give admins ubers a few seconds before the round starts, probably easier and stops people from ubering people during setup.

Give admins ONE uber when they spawn as medic after the first 5 seconds or so of setup so people can have time to change classes.

Or leave it how it is and give people one uber per setup and say in chat something like "You have recieved your one free uber"

There are a lot of things to consider. I am trying to make it more convenient for admins without changing the game too much.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2010 , 23:49   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.4)
Reply With Quote #13

Im not exactly sure what you mean by the first statement. You mean players, not just admins? I guess youre planning on doing admin only.

I suppose I see what you mean about allowing them to change classes. Keep in mind, before round_active fires, there is already a good 3-5 second delay after round_start. During that time, people can already change classes.

Also the round_active event gives all medics fully charged ubers when round_active starts. That ubercharge buff given does not count toward the limit. So, you can set any limit on the cvar and have it just allow 1 respawn if you wanted to(this is default atm).

Try this new update and let me know how it works first before I change anything else...

Update v0.5

- Added a ubercharged respawn limit cvar. This is done to prevent abuse with stats plugins.

Last edited by retsam; 05-26-2010 at 00:17.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 02:39   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #14

I think you broke the actual ubercharge function. It says that I am getting an uber but my meter never actually changes. NVM, that was just during waiting for players for some reason, only once. Is Waiting for players counted, can I disable ubers for that first round?

I really know how to make plugins go from simple to advanced.

Last edited by DontWannaName; 05-26-2010 at 02:43.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 12:39   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #15

Waiting for players(round_start) doesnt give ubers, so you shouldnt have to worry about that. round_active is when it starts.

Thats alright, they were good ideas. ;p

I uploaded a slightly changed version. I changed the limit notification messages slightly. I kinda like this way better so its not giving a message on every respawn, instead just notifying them when they hit the limit or go over. You can tell me which seems better..

Last edited by retsam; 05-26-2010 at 13:47.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 18:40   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #16

Ok but its been giving ubers during waiting for players.

Ya that sounds fine for chat messages.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 18:53   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #17

Shit...

Looks like youre right. I wonder if valve changed that, I dont remember round_active being called during waiting for players time. (I probably just forgot)

I never noticed cause I have mp_restartround 1 set on my test server.

Ill have to figure out how to fix this...

Last edited by retsam; 05-26-2010 at 19:17.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 19:47   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #18

just count the rounds and check for when it doesnt = 1.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 21:11   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.5)
Reply With Quote #19

Right. Well, here it is. I didnt exactly "count" the rounds, but its kind of the same thing. Im just hoping some servers dont disable that waitingforplayers period or it will cause the first setup round to not give ubers heh.

I was just testing it, and this seems to take care of it. Hopefully that works...

Update v0.6:
- Fixed issue of ubercharge function firing during "waitingforplayers" time.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 03:01   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.6)
Reply With Quote #20

ok I tried it, when I first spawned as medic during setup it gave me an uber. Then I used it and switched to another class then back to medic and got another uber saying I used 1/1. Is it suppose to count the first one because people could use it then get another one. Is there a way to see if they used that first one and if they dont use it then let them get another one after respawning again in setup within the time limits cvar?