Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admins gettin' redirected

Post New Thread Reply   

matiaslp
Old 12-07-2008 , 10:42   Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #1

Hi!

I've got a little problem, my admins are getting redirected when the server it's 19/20 (the slot remaining it's for admins) to servers where they shouldn't be redirected (noauto=1)

So basically the problem it's that admins are redirected when there it's still one slot for them inside the server.

My server ini

[Serverr]
address=200.43.192.167
localaddress=
port=27015
cmdbackup=2
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

Server configuration

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 0
redirect_announce 0
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_show 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_adminslots 0
redirect_maxadmins 0
redirect_retry 0
redirect_hidedown 3

any ideas?
thanks in advance
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-07-2008 , 10:57   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #2

redirect_adminslots
Set this to 1 to protect your admins from beeing redirected to another server.

matiaslp
Old 12-07-2008 , 12:05   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #3

and redirect_maxadmins 1 right?

I don't want users to be moved to another server if an admin want's to join a full server.

thanks
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2008 , 23:25   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #4

let's try to sort things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiaslp View Post
I've got a little problem, my admins are getting redirected when the server it's 19/20 (the slot remaining it's for admins) to servers where they shouldn't be redirected (noauto=1)
wait, that's two problems in one sentence. one is that you say one slot is remaining for admins. you probably mean you are using some kind of slot reservation plugin, but unfortunately xREDIRECT is not compatible to these, you have to turn it off. that's why xREDIRECT comes with its own slot reservation method, more about that later.

the second problem...well, i've never heard a similar report until now. xREDIRECT really shouldn't automatically redirect to servers that have noauto=1 set - are you sure that in the server list of the server that redirected them the other server has noauto=1 set? it doesn't help to set this in the list of the target server, you have to set it in the list of the source server (so the server that is doing the redirect). seeing your server list would be helpful, but...
Quote:
My server ini
[Serverr]
address=200.43.192.167
localaddress=
port=27015
cmdbackup=2
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0
...i can't do anything with that, the list is incomplete. where are the other servers? surround your list by [code] and [/code] tags so that it does not bloat your post too much.

Quote:
and redirect_maxadmins 1 right?
this would give privileges only to one admin at the same time. i don't think this is what you want.

Quote:
I don't want users to be moved to another server if an admin want's to join a full server.
but that's how xREDIRECT does slot reservation for admins. i've written an explanation and also a comparison of the different slot reservations here. why exactly do you want to use the method with the long list of disadvantages at all costs?
Old 12-09-2008 , 10:46   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
let's try to sort things.

wait, that's two problems in one sentence. one is that you say one slot is remaining for admins. you probably mean you are using some kind of slot reservation plugin, but unfortunately xREDIRECT is not compatible to these, you have to turn it off. that's why xREDIRECT comes with its own slot reservation method, more about that later.
I'm using the amx slotreservation, it's not an extra plugin :S
I want to have 1 free slot for admins.
So if the server has 20 slots, for normal users the servers must be full when 19/20 (even if an admin it's online, just like the amx slot reservation works)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
the second problem...well, i've never heard a similar report until now. xREDIRECT really shouldn't automatically redirect to servers that have noauto=1 set - are you sure that in the server list of the server that redirected them the other server has noauto=1 set? it doesn't help to set this in the list of the target server, you have to set it in the list of the source server (so the server that is doing the redirect). seeing your server list would be helpful, but...
Code:
[#01 PUBLICO]
address=200.43.192.117
localaddress=
port=27015
cmdbackup=2
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#02 FRUTA & MAPAS T! ]
address=200.43.193.111
localaddress=
port=27023
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#03 PUBLICO]
address=200.43.192.117
localaddress=
port=27016
cmdbackup=2
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#04 DEATHMATCH]
address=200.43.193.106
localaddress=
port=27023
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#05 GUNGAME]
address=200.43.193.111
localaddress=
port=27022
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#06 BIOHAZARD]
address=200.43.193.195
localaddress=
port=27020
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#07 MIX]
address=200.43.193.197
localaddress=
port=27016
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#08 SOCCER]
address=200.43.193.206
localaddress=
port=27020
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#09 HIDE & SEEK]
address=200.43.193.111
localaddress=
port=27018
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#10 DEATHMATCH + OH]
address=200.43.192.121
localaddress=
port=27015
cmdbackup=2
noauto=1
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0

[#11 PUBLICO]
address=200.43.192.117
localaddress=
port=27017
cmdbackup=2
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
adminslots=0
password=
publicpassword=0
That's my server list.

There are 4 servers where i want the plugin to be active to redirect players if server it's full (#1, #3, #7 and #11)

In the other servers i only want the /server thing working

-------

Thank you

Last edited by matiaslp; 12-09-2008 at 10:52.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:51
matiaslp
This message has been deleted by matiaslp.
matiaslp
Old 12-09-2008 , 11:15   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #6

i think i made it reading some info here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...418#post394418

but i have a question, is it possible to make the reservation for admins works even if redirect_active it's set to 0 ?
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2008 , 14:02   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
i think i made it reading some info here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...418#post394418

but i have a question, is it possible to make the reservation for admins works even if redirect_active it's set to 0 ?
no it isn't possible. everything in xREDIRECT depends on redirect_active, this CVAR is really meant to be able to fully shutdown all xREDIRECT features if set to 0. and the reservation feature itself is also bound to redirect_auto - it won't work if you turn redirect_auto off.
but you can still disable all other xREDIRECT features like redirect_manual, redirect_announce and so on. only leaving redirect_auto on would mean xREDIRECT is a slot reserver plugin that has all the advantages described in my other post and that is nice to players - not kicking them when no slot is available but redirecting them to another server when an admin connects and demands a slot.
but i think what you want is using only the slot reservation feature of xREDIRECT and nothing else. there might be a trick to do this, you would need to extend the settings i mentioned before: on the server that should only use slot reservation in the serverlist.ini set noauto=1 for all other servers. this way xREDIRECT will always kick another player for an admin. so this way you really would only use the reservation feature xREDIRECT provides and nothing else.

so to sum it up:
- redirect_active 1
- redirect_auto 2
- redirect_manual 0
- redirect_announce 0
- redirect_check_method 0
- set noauto=1 in server list for all other servers (but only on servers that shall only have reserved slots)

Last edited by xOR; 12-09-2008 at 14:06.
matiaslp
Old 12-09-2008 , 16:04   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #8

Okey.

But i want to use the redirection for only 4 servers as i mention before.

On that servers i've got

Code:
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 2
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 0
redirect_announce 0
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_show 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_adminslots 1
redirect_maxadmins 1
redirect_retry 0
redirect_hidedown 3
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
It's that all right? adminslots.amxx it's disabled and sometimes randomly admines are getting redirected
to other servers listed where noauto=1. (no matter how many slots are left on the server)

another question: if redirect_manual it's setted to 0, /servers doesn't work, right?

Last edited by matiaslp; 12-09-2008 at 16:12.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2008 , 19:04   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
It's that all right?
yes, your settings should work like that, except redirect_maxadmins.

Quote:
adminslots.amxx it's disabled and sometimes randomly admines are getting redirected to other servers listed[...]
not randomly: only if an admin is already on the server. you set redirect_maxadmins to 1, so maximum one admin is really treated as admin, others as normal players. that's why i told you not to set maxadmins to 1. leave it set to 0 for no limit or increase the limit to whatever you want (e.g. 3 for 3 admins at the same time).

Quote:
[...]where noauto=1. (no matter how many slots are left on the server)
hmm it seems to be a logical problem within xREDIRECT and it's probably related to the admin limitation (or before: admin slots turned off).
if maxadmins is already reached or adminslots are turned off xREDIRECT treats an admin just like any normal player when it is about automatic redirection. so, it will redirect them and then start the normal code: search a redirect target and redirect him there. so the redirect function is called as normal and as it is the same function that is used by manual redirection it, again, does not know that in this case the admin should not be treated as special. it sees the admin status and treats him as special again, so allowing him to be redirected to servers even when they got noauto=1 set.
so in the end it is caused by admins still being special. they are allowed to do things others aren't allowed to do, so they are even allowed to be automatically redirected t servers that shouldn't get automatically redirected players.
but i realize that this is not what most people will want, even admins shouldn't be automatically redirected. if they really want to use their extra powers they always have the chance to redirect themselves manually.
so i will see if i can provide a fix for that in the next beta version.

Quote:
another question: if redirect_manual it's setted to 0, /servers doesn't work, right?
yes, right.

Last edited by xOR; 12-09-2008 at 19:10.
Old 12-09-2008, 19:09
xOR
This message has been deleted by xOR.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2008 , 19:27   Re: Admins gettin' redirected
Reply With Quote #10

so, here my first attempt at fixing the problem with admins getting automatically redirected to noauto=1 servers. please try it out and let me know whether it fixes the problem for you after observing it some days (or earlier, if you see it still does not work as expected).

note that i declare it as alpha version, even when i didn't rename the file, it's 1.0.5a. that means i didn't even test it on my own server yet, i count on your tests.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (xredirect.sma - 869 views - 112.2 KB)