12% 

Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR

Post New Thread Reply   

SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2010 , 18:58   Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #1

Hi mates

Allways I'm here for ask suggestions, you guys know a lot of things about server so...

I'm looking for a rank with web interface for Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2 and CSS with Zombie Reloaded. A friend told me about Gameme and I really like it. They translate for each language this is very nice, and I saw a lot of server using it.

My question is: Gameme is a good choice? No problem with the company, no bugs with the rank, when a game get an update than need fix the rank they do quickly?

Why not HLStatsX? Because I'm noob, I don't know how to install, how connect. I need ask for a friend do, but he is alway busy, when appear an update I'll need ask him for update the web for me, maybe he will do after 10 days.

So thats it, what do you guys think?

Thank you guys so much for all of your help.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-17-2010 , 20:59   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #2

Check out http://angrygaming.org, they'll do the majority of the setup for you, and if memory serves me correctly, it's free if you host <= 2 servers. AngryGaming offers the free alternative to GameMe, HLStatsX:CE (Community Edition), which is the superior between the two and the recommended one if you ask around. If you have to host more than two servers, I think they charge a mere $5 and then $1 per extra server.
Old 10-18-2010 , 06:56   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Hi mates

when a game get an update than need fix the rank they do quickly?
Figured I'll answer this and let others answer your other questions.

They do update these things as quickly as possible. Sometimes it's less than a day. And they even do updates to the stats system, what it looks like, etc. . quite often.

There are some issues lets say with TF2 for example that they can't fix. Where valve doesn't have a trigger implemented for picking up a building and then placing it back down. So every time someone places a building back down after picking it up they get points for it. So someone could sit there all day trying to get points from it.

I asked them about it and they said they knew about it, they just can't do anything about it since Valve didn't give the dropping a building after picking it up a different trigger name.

They've been a great company and I don't have any complaints!

BAFFLED
Old 10-18-2010 , 07:42   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
I asked them about it and they said they knew about it, they just can't do anything about it since Valve didn't give the dropping a building after picking it up a different trigger name.
Or they're just lazy. This has been fixed in HLX:CE for a while, utilizing the SuperLogs:TF2 plugin (which they already include parts of in their own plugin that hasn't been updated in ages).
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2010 , 23:55   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #5

That issue in TF2 is not good, because the players can get wrong points by bugs.

I think I'll try HLX:CE. I'll ask to someone install it for me. I have a hosting, I just don't know how to install

If I install HLX:CE in 2 servers of same game (Like TF2 or L4D2). The players will be ranked in same rank, or will be difference?

Thank you guys for helping me.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-19-2010 , 00:23   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #6

You can have multiple servers under the same "rank" with both gameme and hlstatsx:ce
Old 10-19-2010 , 00:40   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Or they're just lazy. This has been fixed in HLX:CE for a while, utilizing the SuperLogs:TF2 plugin (which they already include parts of in their own plugin that hasn't been updated in ages).
They are lazy, I use gameme on 3 servers (for now) and they blame valve for everything that doesnt work in their stats.

SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2010 , 00:54   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
You can have multiple servers under the same "rank" with both gameme and hlstatsx:ce
Thanks panda

Do you think i'ts better same rank or each server with their rank?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-19-2010 , 00:57   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #9

Depends if the servers are different game types.
Old 10-19-2010 , 01:54   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Depends if the servers are different game types.
When I said rank together I mean servers of same game. So I have 2 servers of TF2 and 2 servers of L4D2 (Versus and Coop). So is it good idea put the rank together? (TF2 with TF2 and L4D2 Versus with L4D2 Coop)

Thanks