Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Suggestions to SourceMM Plugin Dev's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2005 , 16:56   Suggestions to SourceMM Plugin Dev's
Reply With Quote #1

Okay, I already re-organized my Fakeclients installation to follow this, but a while back a bunch of the lead developers of HLDS and HL1 plugin developers (AdminMod, AMX, AMXX (I think), and United Admins) all decided to have a standard. I'm proposing this standard be followed in HL2 plugins and SourceMM Plugins. So, I'll lay it out simply and include Metamod: Source w/ it's files.

See attached file.

I'm laying this out for mod developers so that we (the server administrators) can keep the plugins organized, this is also a shout out to those other straight Source plugin developers (mattie, beetle, xad, Roger Devil, and mani) to organize their files for configs data and all that.

Please SOMEBODY listen to this...I was so happy when this standard was set in place in HL1.

There could be some modifications set in place (but exec can't use .. for some reason in Source so cfg files gotta say within the cfg directory structure, but I'm pretty sure the rest can be organized better)

From the Metamod: Source readme files on how to install a plugin it seems almost like SourceMod is already following this directory structure setup. (Once it's done we'll see), but from what I can see it looks it. So PLEASE keep stuff organized for us...

Also note, this could still be modified, there are plenty of ways to do it, but at least give us something easier to work with.
Attached Files
File Type: txt filedirstructure.txt (3.8 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by FlyingMongoose; 06-29-2006 at 15:34.