Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-19-2010 , 02:03   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #11

I should have specified different mod types. You wouldn't want to mix, say, a Zombie with a Pub. L4D, in general, should be fine to combine. I'd say the same for TF2 but I'm not exactly familiar with it. If it's a mod that completely changes normal game play, you'd want to host it in it's own ranking, otherwise there wouldn't be any harm in combining them.
Old 10-19-2010 , 11:03   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #12

I have 2 TF2 servers and they both use the same ranking, otherwise they are combined and not ranked individually. If a person jumps from say, tf2 2fort to goldrush, they'd want to retain their rank regardless of what tf2 server you them play on. Same with any other mod and Hlstatsx:ce works very well. Now granted its a database monster; it's best to get a VPS or a dedicated IP(some shared hosts provide this as an option) I have the dedicated IP and my host is ok with the massive db and queries. But like mentioned above angrygaming is a great option too.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2010 , 17:47   Re: Gameme for L4D2, TF2, CSS ZR
Reply With Quote #13

I installed HlstatsX CE in my L4D2 server and there is a problem: they are using the same rank and this is not good because one server is versus and the other is realism expert, don't make sense.

I want the players positions, top10 etc different in each server, panda told me just don't run same DB. I don't know how to separate the DB, but in this way, all servers will be in same 'link' of webpage?

Thanks

Last edited by SilentBr; 11-13-2010 at 17:50.