Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

AcidTester
Old 02-23-2009 , 01:17   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_CG View Post
I realise you are trying to be helpful, but it is definitely possible. Why else do you think the plugin designer included such an option?
This option is similar with Director enforcer plugin, anyway doing the same force versus on any maps, but ppl can play on coop maps only 4. Others are spectators.
Old 02-23-2009 , 17:39   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_CG View Post
I realise you are trying to be helpful, but it is definitely possible. Why else do you think the plugin designer included such an option?
Tonight we managed to play versus on Deathtoll:
1- start a lobby on an original versus map (ex: no mercy) with full lobby (players wont be able to join after that)
2- launch game
3- when on the server, switch on versus mode untill server hibernating
4- change map for the coop map you wanna play versus on (ex: smalltown01)
5- enjoy
El Goretto
Old 02-25-2009 , 09:18   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #113

Re,

We played almost a complete VS campaign on airport yesterday, that was great

Though I notice something: VS mode is supposed to last untill server is hibernating. Hibernation is supposed to happen when all players have left. OK.
But on my server with this VS mode enforced, when all players leave server, server isn't resetting and map & VS mode are left "as is" if I reconnected later on (1 day later in my case).

It seems to be a side effect of the VS mode of All4Dead.
grandwazir
Old 02-27-2009 , 04:49   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by high6 View Post
Shouldn't the settings save though?
Doesn't seem to no. If you know a way I can flush the settings to the file at MapEnd it would be great

Otherwise I think you could just remove from the configuation files ConVars which you do not want to be enforced on map changes
Old 02-27-2009 , 04:52   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #115

Also I have just started a new job so the new version will be delayed some weeks until I have managed to sort everything out.

I am not abandoning the plugin and I will still fix any major bugs that turn up, but new features will not be added for a couple of weeks.
Old 02-28-2009 , 21:10   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #116

Is there any movement towards the ability to join while game is on forced vs?

also, today... i had 7 people actually stay throughout an entire death toll vs campaign but at the end for the first round of the finale it scrolled through the credits like in campaign and then went back to lobby. Is this happening with you guys as well?

Last edited by jimihendrix820; 03-01-2009 at 21:36.
El Goretto
Old 03-02-2009 , 08:16   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimihendrix820 View Post
No, as the 4 players limit is harcoded into maps. As you can see when opening your server browser, you server is reporting 8 slots, but any 5th (or more) player willing to join it after start will get a nasty "server is full".
Apex_
Old 03-02-2009 , 12:18   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Goretto View Post
No, as the 4 players limit is harcoded into maps. As you can see when opening your server browser, you server is reporting 8 slots, but any 5th (or more) player willing to join it after start will get a nasty "server is full".
There's no player limit within the maps themselves actually, it's entirely the engine's doing. Use CrimsonGT's L4D Server Tools plugin for Metamod, it removes the 4 slot limit. We play Dead Air and Death Toll with 8 people constantly on my server using this.

Quote:
This is possible, here's how to do it:

1. Set up a lobby, using either sv_search_key or ms_force_dedicated_server so you'll go to your own server. Make sure it's set to PUBLIC when you start it!
2. Make an alias on the server to run any necessary commands quickly, e.g. alias "deathtoll_vs" to changelevel, force versus, run any config you need, etc.
3. Once on the server, run your alias via rcon or a custom admin menu entry.
4. After the chosen map loads, public players will be able to join your server using Quick Join or any join method that doesn't specify a map. They'll be pretty surprised too

I've been using this process to play DA and DT with 8 players for a few weeks now, using the cvarlist in Crimson's metamod plugin thread to make sure everything is kosher. Works like a charm, and people really enjoy the change of scenery.

Quote:
also, today... i had 7 people actually stay throughout an entire death toll vs campaign but at the end for the first round of the finale it scrolled through the credits like in campaign and then went back to lobby. Is this happening with you guys as well?
I've never seen that actually, but I can't recall the first team surviving a finale before we got our chance. Wish I could be more help.

*edit* Holy crap I hadn't checked the changelog. Grandwazir, if that versus spawn logic option forces balanced tanks and witches on difficulties other than Normal I'll be eternally grateful. A lot of people don't mind somewhat random placement, as long as they get the same *amount* of bosses, but if the director gips a team out of a tank they get out the pitchforks and torches.

Last edited by Apex_; 03-02-2009 at 12:47. Reason: even more bonus content!
jimihendrix820
Old 03-02-2009 , 14:56   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_ View Post
Use CrimsonGT's L4D Server Tools
where can i get this plug in, looked and couldn't find it. Is this the same as his black box tool?
Apex_
Old 03-02-2009 , 15:47   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #120

Whoops, should've linked it in the first place, sorry about that.

Right here.

*edit* Grandwazir, do you have any info on whether or not the boss balancing code works for non-Normal difficulties? My server is a modded form of Advanced/hard and I've been getting really, really strange spawning behavior including back to back tanks less than 30 seconds apart, or one team getting a tank outside the spawn room and the second getting it at the very end. It also seems to disregard the versus_tank_chance percentage and throws a tank *every* round, I've yet to see one without a tank. The only exception is that it sometimes gives one team a tank and the other no tank, and this occurs more often with this plugin than without from our testing.

Without the plugin handling spawn balance we tend to get reasonably close balancing (an area or room apart for tanks, a matter of meters for witches).

Last edited by Apex_; 03-03-2009 at 15:28.