Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Help with force client join a team on connect

Post New Thread Reply   

joao7yt
Old 08-21-2017 , 17:09   Re: [CS:GO] Help with force client join a team on connect
Reply With Quote #41

Ok, tested with "sv_disable_show_team_select_menu 1", which won't let you open the team menu, and it worked fine, I still can hook the team menu, the only difference is that the "show" bool of the "team" VGUI is false, that's how they hide it, but the "team" VGUI UserMessage is still being send. btw you can still use "jointeam" command on console even if "sv_disable_show_team_select_menu" is 1, it's only for good looking in the official servers.

Last edited by joao7yt; 08-21-2017 at 17:09.
joao7yt
Old 08-22-2017 , 08:06   Re: [CS:GO] Help with force client join a team on connect
Reply With Quote #42

It had a bug where it would return Plugin_Handled to every VGUI, fixed
joao7yt
Old 09-05-2017 , 19:17   Re: [CS:GO] Help with force client join a team on connect
Reply With Quote #43

Guys, I might have found a bug related to my solution: if you change the client's team inside that hook, it could rarely throw a fatal error and crash the srcds.exe. I did a few tests and it might have gone if you create a timer to change the client's team, which is not a problem since we will still be able to hook when the team menu shows, it will only put the client in a team a bit later. I put 0.1 seconds in my timer and got no crashes. So be warned, guys.

I edited the original post to prevent people getting errors.