Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

uriel18
Old 04-20-2010 , 09:51   [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #1

NEW PREVIEW!!! 10/10/10 (100% WORKING)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1nknEV-OI

THE PROJECT HAS GROWN. ALL THE GUYS WHO ARE MAKING THIS POSSIBLE ARE:

-honorcode23 / kwski43 / mi123645 / hunterbrute / portalboat / satannuts /DDR Kath / Selek

Also thanks to DieTeetasse cause he is the one that setup a basic plugin for precaching and using the models (Thx Hunterbrute for say me that)

I only make the initial petition and get info updated in this post. ALL the work is being done by them. Thank them and not to me.

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE ALL THIS THINGS (THX TO DRUNKENFOX BECAUSE I CAN´T SPEND MUCH TIME THIS WEEK)

We won´t give support how to install sourcemod or metamod. We assume that people know how to do that, and if not, there are a lot of good tutorials in google.

Here's how you can get the original survivor's on your server:

1.Download this modified version of csm (characer select menu) that allows for Bill to be selected (as well as the original survivors). Put that plugin on your server. (Credits to mi123645)

2.Download Kswki´s plugin to allow change automatically all survivors to have different models. Here (credits to Kwski43)

3.Download the Super Versus Plugin if you have a server of 4+ v 4+. (Makes everyone a different character, so you will have all 8 survivors on a team if it’s 8 v 8 ). Not forget to set max survivors to 8. (credis to DDRKath)

4.(Optional). Download +8 players bugfixes. Go here. (credits to V10)

5.(Optional). Download the infected bots plugin, to spawn more special infecteds at once to balance the game when using 8 survivors. Official thread here. (credits to mi123645)

6.(Optional). Use this addon to have new survivors icons for l4d1 players. (Credits to Selek).

Are this:

And this ones made by me (Uriel18 )

http://www.filefront.com/17385243/l4d2 iconos.vpk

7.(Optional) DUB THE DLCS to your native language.
Follow this guide made by me if you want to have the l4d1 survivors speak in the same language than the rest of the game in The Sacrifice and No Mercy, and the same for l4d2 survivors in The Passing.
http://www.filefront.com/17384009/TUTORIAL FOR LOCALICED DUB TO LEFT4DEAD2.pdf

What still needs to be done:

Bill as a character is still buggy, sometimes he will crash and sometimes not. More work needs to be done in that area. Kwski´s plugin have Bill like a model/skin not as a complete character due to stability reasons.

Known Bugs:

-A lot of people is reporting that their superversus plugins doesn´t work well with this mod. Please, use this version of Superversus (the only tested and re-tested that works by me)https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=354

-Sometimes when changing to l4d1 survivors, weapons appears flying and crappy. Simply restart the campaign. But it´s something it must be fixed.

-When a survivor dies, if you use a defibrillator, the survivor changes to l4d1 survivor no matter what be. Also the survivor replaces a living survivor.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

-uriel18 says If you are going to play in thirdperson view (to see the model), you should add this to your autoexec.cfg, to fix the aim of the crosshair:

c_thirdpersonshoulderoffset 0
c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist 720
c_thirdpersonshoulderheight 10
cam_ideallag 0

SCREENSHOTS:

Last edited by uriel18; 11-13-2010 at 21:42. Reason: updates
kwski43
Old 04-20-2010 , 09:59   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #2

Possible, but would require to have all players downloaded those skins.
Old 04-20-2010 , 10:57   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #3

All players should have the skins once the The Passing content is released... assuming its free for us PC users of course.
uriel18
Old 04-20-2010 , 11:08   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwski43 View Post
Possible, but would require to have all players downloaded those skins.
Of course, of course, I´m agree with you.

Apart from the plugin, we need an vpk or a folder with the alternative skins.

But, someone can code that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC
All players should have the skins once the The Passing content is released... assuming its free for us PC users of course.
I hope you have reason, but i doubt it. The original survivors will be NPCs, not player models.
Today we have skins of originial survivors that works fine (with the animations of l4d2, I mean, worse animations).
The original survivors as a model, with original animations are not going to be released
Ate least not released by Valve, also I doubt someone can port OLD animations to the original survivors to use in L4d2.
Old 04-20-2010 , 13:10   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #5

Why would they need the skins when the models and their skins will be in the game once The Passsing has been released.
kwski43
Old 04-20-2010 , 13:49   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #6

Well, the basic concept for the plugin would be:
Code:
modeltab[a]='louis','zoey';'bill';'francis';'coach','rochelle','nick','ellis';
a=0;
for(i=1;i<=maxclients;i++)
{
if(player active and ingame and in survivors)
{
a=a+1;
setmodel modeltab[a];
}
}
well, its my thinking :p
I'll learn to how to do it when The Passing will be release(if will be released).
Old 04-20-2010 , 14:29   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwski43 View Post
Well, the basic concept for the plugin would be:
Code:
modeltab[a]='louis','zoey';'bill';'francis';'coach','rochelle','nick','ellis';
a=0;
for(i=1;i<=maxclients;i++)
{
if(player active and ingame and in survivors)
{
a=a+1;
setmodel modeltab[a];
}
}
well, its my thinking :p
I'll learn to how to do it when The Passing will be release(if will be released).
Thx dude, I appreciatte much your effort.

But As I said, I think the skins released with the passing are the same that sre over the net.
Old 04-21-2010 , 16:25   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #8

It seems that finally got released:

http://www.l4d.com/blog/
Old 04-21-2010 , 19:45   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #9

The "Kite like a man" achievement tells me that the original survivors are going to be more than just an npc in a corner pushing buttons and shooting infected from afar. They may actually be survivor bots within the game, which means they can be playable with a few tweaks.

If this is indeed true, I'll update my Character Select Menu plugin ASAP when it does come out.
uriel18
Old 04-22-2010 , 02:18   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
The "Kite like a man" achievement tells me that the original survivors are going to be more than just an npc in a corner pushing buttons and shooting infected from afar. They may actually be survivor bots within the game, which means they can be playable with a few tweaks.

If this is indeed true, I'll update my Character Select Menu plugin ASAP when it does come out.
That would be awesowe!!!