Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

New here. Problems with CSGO server...

Post New Thread Reply   

TecCAM
Old 08-25-2021 , 23:16   New here. Problems with CSGO server...
Reply With Quote #1

Need help if possible.. Been trying this for a day now and I swear I am doing everything right even looked into other tutorials and the only thing I haven't done yet was port forwarding (since I am going to test everything on LAN by myself beforehand) and I cant even do that. every single time I try to get in my server it will say something like "Server restricts clients to connect from internal local area" I so I switch the sv_lan to 0 instead of 1 and try again... Then It will fill the loading bar and put me back into the menu... There is literally no other place I can find that can help me or even talks about a situation like this. Just wanted to make a server for my discord group. (I have my game server token set up as well so it is not that).
pedrotski
Old 08-26-2021 , 04:14   Re: New here. Problems with CSGO server...
Reply With Quote #2

Do you have a password on the server? Sometimes it won't show a "Bad password" error and just kick you back to the main menu.

If you do have password, before you join the server type in your client console "password MYPASSWORDHERE" and then join your server. Or you can remove sv_password from your server.cfg file.

Also double check your token is valid and correct in your startup parameters. You can find it here: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers

Last edited by pedrotski; 08-26-2021 at 04:19.
TecCAM
Old 08-26-2021 , 05:18   Re: New here. Problems with CSGO server...
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotski View Post
Do you have a password on the server? Sometimes it won't show a "Bad password" error and just kick you back to the main menu.

If you do have password, before you join the server type in your client console "password MYPASSWORDHERE" and then join your server. Or you can remove sv_password from your server.cfg file.

Also double check your token is valid and correct in your startup parameters. You can find it here: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
I am pretty sure I have it set up correctly, I will give the password thing a try later and I will see if that works. Thank you
TecCAM
Old 08-27-2021 , 00:43   Re: New here. Problems with CSGO server...
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecCAM View Post
I am pretty sure I have it set up correctly, I will give the password thing a try later and I will see if that works. Thank you
UPDATE: dont know exactly what I did but I was able to test the server before forwarding ports with sv lan set to 0.... there was 3 duplicates of my server for some reason and one of them worked and let me join. everything is well now.