Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.14 dated 18Oct2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

nostalgia
Old 01-02-2021 , 02:41   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.7 dated 01Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Plugin updated to version 1.7 which incorporated edits to weapon random chances made by That Annoying Guide. Made additional changes to weapon qualities.

Note: I am not aware of any programming method that can add the quality prefix label to items given to Bots. If you know how to do that please share. If not, stop asking for it.
Sorry, I'm still trying my best to get good at sourcemod programming, starting from the basics.

I'm honestly just really stupid time to time. so, I'm sorry if I was rude or spammed, I have ADHD, and sometimes, it's hard for me to think of my actions, or even control them.

But hey, least I'm getting better every day!

Once again, Thanks a BILLION for this amazing plugin, Pairing this up with Bot Overhaul makes the bots 500000000000000000% more realistic! I truly recommend this, and this plugin earns the spot on my favorite plugins list.

her is free 2tf stufff!!!!!1111111
there no vius, clic here for free link code to gt free bornig tem captoin!!11111111

freetf2crapnovirusipromise.tf

=
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 22:09   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #42

Updated plugin in original post to version 1.8 which fixed a bug where Heavy would punch while using Saxxy type weapons instead of swinging the weapon.
Yoappian
Old 01-08-2021 , 12:37   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.7 dated 01Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
Sorry, I'm still trying my best to get good at sourcemod programming, starting from the basics.

I'm honestly just really stupid time to time. so, I'm sorry if I was rude or spammed, I have ADHD, and sometimes, it's hard for me to think of my actions, or even control them.

But hey, least I'm getting better every day!

Once again, Thanks a BILLION for this amazing plugin, Pairing this up with Bot Overhaul makes the bots 500000000000000000% more realistic! I truly recommend this, and this plugin earns the spot on my favorite plugins list.
How the fuck did you get it to work. Im still strugglin lol.
RevilleAJ
Old 01-08-2021 , 19:59   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #44

Seems the newest version causes crashes with RCBot2 after about a minute or two. The last version I know working was 1.4, which still had gamedata dependancy. Not sure if the removal of it was causing the crashes though and I haven't tested 1.5 - 1.7 since I didn't knew they were uploaded.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2021 , 01:50   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevilleAJ View Post
Seems the newest version causes crashes with RCBot2 after about a minute or two. The last version I know working was 1.4, which still had gamedata dependancy. Not sure if the removal of it was causing the crashes though and I haven't tested 1.5 - 1.7 since I didn't knew they were uploaded.
That's odd. Any errors in log?
RevilleAJ
Old 01-11-2021 , 19:06   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
That's odd. Any errors in log?
Can't seem to find a log anywhere. In autoexec.cfg, I have con_timestamp set to "1" and con_logfile at "cfg/tf/console_log" yet there's no tf folder in the cfg folder at all (I've also tried the command in game and it just doesn't write to any file, almost as if it doesn't work anymore.) If you mean addons\sourcemod\logs, there's only blank .txt log files for tf2botchatter and sfpbans. By the looks of it, it randomly crashes when an enemy died (the last time it crashed right when a Demoman died.)

Last edited by RevilleAJ; 01-11-2021 at 19:24.
RevilleAJ
Old 01-11-2021 , 19:51   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #47

I managed to get the console log working through using a launch command. The last few lines in the log file are:

moe killed Sn1pa with brass_beast.
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "ExplosionCore_Wall_Jumper"!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
demopan killed madMAN with iron_bomber.
Sn1pa killed spaceshooter with world.

I'm not sure how much this would help if at all. "Bad pstudiohdr" was in white while "Attemped to precache unknown particle system" was in red. I've never seen the "Bad pstudiohdr" error before.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2021 , 22:30   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Can't seem to find a log anywhere.
Try looking here: .../tf/addons/sourcemod/logs/

If you have any errors with this plugin they will be listed there.
RevilleAJ
Old 01-12-2021 , 16:50   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #49

Yeah, there's only blank .txt log files for tf2botchatter and sfpbans in that folder. I don't know how helpful the console_log snippet I mentioned earlier could be.
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-13-2021 , 13:20   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.8 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Yeah, there's only blank .txt log files for tf2botchatter and sfpbans in that folder. I don't know how helpful the console_log snippet I mentioned earlier could be.
I doubt it was this plugin as I just went and played around with rcbot with it and it worked just fine. Although I noticed that some more weapons didn't seem to work so I tweaked the plugin for better support for RCbots and a weapons.ini file so they can use them correctly.

Big edit: I'm back as I've been editing this a lot as I mainly use rcbots now added support for more weapons and fixed up as much as I could.
edit 2: Did a bit more fixes for weapons and added some support for other things too like demoman charge and sandwich although they are a little buggy sometimes
edit 3: added separate version with gunslinger included as it can be pretty buggy sometimes, but some might like it in
edit 4: attempted patch for medic infinite heal bug (I've never seen it so honestly no idea if this worked lol) also removed gunslinger version and just made the main one have it anyways.
edit 5: fix didn't work I guess so I reverted it as to prevent A-posing issue also fixed error on map start will be taking a break from this unless something other big issue appears
edit 6:Minor tweaks to a few things. Medics will heal with Kritzkrieg when on low health
Edit 7: Another attempt to fix the medic bug also more weapons can have unusual effects now and minor tweak to scout ball bats
Attached Files
File Type: ini weapons.ini (26.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: smx GiveBotsMoreWeapons - The New update.smx (37.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (GiveBotsMoreWeapons - The New update.sp - 4 views - 128.5 KB)

Last edited by That Annoying Guide; 02-07-2024 at 22:28.