Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Pikarikku
Old 04-28-2015 , 06:09   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #31

I wanted to thank you again for all your hard work. This and many other of your mods have made l4d2 an incredibly enjoyable experience for me again.
Deadpool69
Old 07-26-2015 , 18:01   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #32

Can you please tell me how to edit the netprops? It would help a lot.
DeathChaos25
Old 07-26-2015 , 18:43   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool69 View Post
Can you please tell me how to edit the netprops? It would help a lot.
You don't have to edit anything, just download everything from the main post (there is a special version for single player usage also linked) and then you can use zoey via any of these methods.

Type !zoey or !z into chat
typing !csm and choosing Zoey from the list (option #6)
Old 07-27-2015 , 10:01   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
You don't have to edit anything, just download everything from the main post (there is a special version for single player usage also linked) and then you can use zoey via any of these methods.

Type !zoey or !z into chat
typing !csm and choosing Zoey from the list (option #6)
This still doesn't work for some reason., I downloaded everything on the first page and when I chose Nick as my survivor and tried to change him to Zoey using the chat, the game still crashed. I don't know if I have to change to the Nick clone or go into third person mode, but all this crashing is really irritating me.

By the way, I load up the map through the console and I play single player.

Changing a survivor bot to Francis also crashes the game for me, but only on the first map for some reason.

Last edited by Deadpool69; 07-27-2015 at 10:12.
spidera2
Old 08-05-2015 , 14:38   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #35

Hey dude, i have the newest sourcemod, but i still have Nick's voice.
DeathChaos25
Old 08-05-2015 , 18:46   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidera2 View Post
Hey dude, i have the newest sourcemod, but i still have Nick's voice.
Is Scene Processor installed and functioning?
Old 08-10-2015 , 20:53   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 03-24-2015)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Updated this plugin today!

Code:
Version 1.1    03-24-2015
 - Some small code cleanup (Removed Mourn Fix as it was made into its own plugin)
 - FakeZoey now screams the names of L4D1 survivors when they die and they do the same for her
 - CallForRescue now implemented for FakeZoey (this still has issues, While she'll have Zoey voice, Nick text will still show up in closed captions) 
- Added updated Survivor Chat Select plugin
Edit : FOR EVERYONE WHO IS ASKING ABOUT THE DEDICATED SERVER ISSUE WITH SCENE PROCESSOR

I will attach a zip file of my own sourcemod directory containing a few modified plugins by myself for use in Single Player (scene processor is included)

THESE PLUGINS ARE IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM SUPPORTED BY THEIR ORIGINAL AUTHORS, HOWEVER, I CAN GUARANTEE THEY WORK

Edit #2 : I HAVE ADDED AN OFFLINE FRIENDLY VERSION OF SENDPROXY PLUGIN TO ACHIEVE ZOEY ARMS/ICONS, TO MAKE IT WORK, YOU MUST USE ZOEY VIA THE !z OR THE !zoey CHAT COMMANDS!

I downloaded this, and everything is working fine now thanks.
maphal
Old 10-29-2015 , 18:25   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 03-24-2015)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Anyways, on the topic of the all 8 survivors plugin, the way it works, I personally don't like it, because sometimes I want a specific character and have to go through a lot of hassle to do so.

I made a personal plugin that spawns the bots from the passing, and then it forces them onto the playable survivor team, this also has the side effect that the L4D1 survivors will actually have their L4D1 weapon preferences, like Luis prefering assault rifles instead of shotguns like he does in L4D2 (his bot is based on Coach), Zoey using snipers (Linux only though), etc.

If you're interested, I could clean up the code a bit, add a check for the passing and release it, all you would need to do, is set superversus to only spawn 1 extra survivor (making it 5) for FakeZoey, and Louis, Francis and Bill will be spawned from the passing bots.

By the way, I see the re-upload has no downloads, you may have grabbed the old version again before I had a chance to re-upload it, damn you're quick!

EDIT: ADDED AN OFFLINE VERSION OF SENDPROXY CHECK THE MAIN POST, IT IS LOCATED WITH THE OTHER OFFLINE MODE PLUGINS

Hey DeathChaos25,

could you please release the code you mentioned in the quoted post? I'm currently trying to get all 8 survivors working in the campaign and the described solution sounds pretty much perfect to me.

I think many people could really benefit from this code.

Moreover it would be just awesome to be able to play "The Passing" without having to disable the all 8 survivors plugin (I think the automatic disabling of the additional survivors for this mission would be a nice workarround and definitely enough).

So, could you please share your solution for playing with all 8 survivors?

Greetings,
maphal

P.S.: Sorry if my english is grammatically incorrect, I'm not a native speaker.

Last edited by maphal; 10-30-2015 at 06:10.
GTDriver1230
Old 02-03-2016 , 05:20   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 03-24-2015)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Edit : FOR EVERYONE WHO IS ASKING ABOUT THE DEDICATED SERVER ISSUE WITH SCENE PROCESSOR

I will attach a zip file of my own sourcemod directory containing a few modified plugins by myself for use in Single Player (scene processor is included)

THESE PLUGINS ARE IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM SUPPORTED BY THEIR ORIGINAL AUTHORS, HOWEVER, I CAN GUARANTEE THEY WORK

Edit #2 : I HAVE ADDED AN OFFLINE FRIENDLY VERSION OF SENDPROXY PLUGIN TO ACHIEVE ZOEY ARMS/ICONS, TO MAKE IT WORK, YOU MUST USE ZOEY VIA THE !z OR THE !zoey CHAT COMMANDS!
Following the recent L4D2 update, I've noticed that your modified Scene Processor plugin crashes L4D2 entirely. I did try and compile a version of Scene Processor without the code for the dedicated server check (which you might have also done) but that wouldn't work either. Is there a possible fix for this?
Merudo
Old 02-04-2016 , 11:53   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
Reply With Quote #40

I have modified the survivor_chat_select plugin to make the !csc command show up in the admin menu (!sm_admin).

Now, the option "Select player's survivor" should show up in Player Commands.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (survivor_chat_select.sp - 421 views - 14.8 KB)