Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSS/CS:GO] Weapon Restrict

Post New Thread Reply   

TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 03-22-2012 , 16:26   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1001

Dr!fter, can you implement some error handling code for the translations, so a missing translation doesn't make the whole plugin go kaput? I'd suggest making it function normally even without the messages, but constantly send all admins a message every so often, alerting them that there's a problem with the translations. I updated my weapon restrict installation a while back, and it was a truly distressing experience. The whole thing stopped working and I was sitting there for a long time trying to figure out why, with players constantly messaging me on steam and breathing down my neck about it. I might be forever scarred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
I wanted to know if it was possible to update this mod so that you could restrict weapons on a player by player basis. For example you can restrict a particular item from a player until the end of the map.
I'm not sure whether Dr!fter will implement something like that. There'd be a lot of people wanting different conditions to allow this or that for specific players and this can get out of hand fairly quick. I'd recommend using the natives and forwards present in this plugin to make a solution perfect for your community (and share it with everyone ofc ). Take a look at this post to see an example of how the natives and forwards can be used to add a feature very easily: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...es#post1631587

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 03-22-2012 at 16:41.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-23-2012 , 16:57   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasteR View Post
Thank you, I have uploaded everything from 0 and work .

I have this question where the change would limit the amount showed in chat to red?
You cant change it easily due to translations. But if you really wanted the easiest way would be convert everything to use Color include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
I wanted to know if it was possible to update this mod so that you could restrict weapons on a player by player basis. For example you can restrict a particular item from a player until the end of the map.
Not in this plugin no. I have one sitting in one of my many folders with one that I was working on. I havent done much to it since I've been busy with various projects (DHooks and another secret one being the major ones) As well as having a ton of other stuff to do . I will try to find someone to finish it. Or try to finish it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
Dr!fter, can you implement some error handling code for the translations, so a missing translation doesn't make the whole plugin go kaput? I'd suggest making it function normally even without the messages, but constantly send all admins a message every so often, alerting them that there's a problem with the translations. I updated my weapon restrict installation a while back, and it was a truly distressing experience. The whole thing stopped working and I was sitting there for a long time trying to figure out why, with players constantly messaging me on steam and breathing down my neck about it. I might be forever scarred.

I'm not sure whether Dr!fter will implement something like that. There'd be a lot of people wanting different conditions to allow this or that for specific players and this can get out of hand fairly quick. I'd recommend using the natives and forwards present in this plugin to make a solution perfect for your community (and share it with everyone ofc ). Take a look at this post to see an example of how the natives and forwards can be used to add a feature very easily: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...es#post1631587
Translations are required. It should log an error, if not then it should (and I would have to fix it). Thats how you know what is wrong easily Error logs are the first thing you should look at
bagepulver
Old 03-24-2012 , 20:39   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1003

HI,

How do I activate/logon to the weapon restriction admin menu. I can activate the sm_admin menu but I cant see any weapon_restriction menu. I can see the plugin when I type sm plugins list. please help me.
bagepulver
Old 03-25-2012 , 04:50   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagepulver View Post
HI,

How do I activate/logon to the weapon restriction admin menu. I can activate the sm_admin menu but I cant see any weapon_restriction menu. I can see the plugin when I type sm plugins list. please help me.
If I deactivate my custom admin menu then I can se weaponrestrict under menu#4. What do I do to add the weaponrestrict to custom admin menu
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-27-2012 , 20:53   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagepulver View Post
If I deactivate my custom admin menu then I can se weaponrestrict under menu#4. What do I do to add the weaponrestrict to custom admin menu
Why do you want to add weapon restrict as a custom menu? It already creates its own main menu. If you meant that you have custom menus and that when you add them the weapon restrict one disappears. It might be on page 2, It gets me all the time.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 03-27-2012 at 20:55.
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-06-2012 , 18:14   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1006

Just to clarify: "10" "1"
Would this make it 1 per team with 10 players or 1 total?
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-06-2012 , 18:16   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchh View Post
Just to clarify: "10" "1"
Would this make it 1 per team with 10 players or 1 total?
Per team
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-06-2012 , 18:21   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1008

Great, thanks for the quick answer.

Do you think you could add per player support for the auto snipers in the next version?
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-06-2012 , 19:25   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1009

.... What version are you using?
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-06-2012 , 19:47   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)
Reply With Quote #1010