Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Does STEAM2 ID changes in game ?

Post New Thread Reply   

vijayar
Old 06-21-2021 , 08:44   Does STEAM2 ID changes in game ?
Reply With Quote #1

I came across this while testing a plugin that stores SteamIDs in a Database and uses them when a player joins a game.

I noticed that when I search a steam ID details using any of the web-based utility like Steam IO or SteamID finder etc. i get STEAMID (also referred to as STEAM2) as STEAM_0:1:1234567

However when the player joins CSGO, in console I see the user's steam id as STEAM_1:1:1234567. I checked this for my own IDs and it is confirmed that the leading 0 is replaced by 1, in game. The plugin was failing the database check due to this issue and started working once I manually saved the modified IDs i.e replaced 0 with 1

Anyone knows why the leading 0 in the ID is replaced by 1 in game ? How do I automate this in the plugin such that this mismatch does not occur. Or is there any other way to circumvent this issue ?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-21-2021 , 12:49   Re: Does STEAM2 ID changes in game ?
Reply With Quote #2

Some games use a STEAM_0 prefix, some games use a STEAM_1 prefix, they're interchangeable for the Steam2 format. For admins, SM internally ignores the first 8 characters of Steam2 format IDs, your plugin should do the same.
Old 06-22-2021 , 23:50   Re: Does STEAM2 ID changes in game ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Some games use a STEAM_0 prefix, some games use a STEAM_1 prefix, they're interchangeable for the Steam2 format. For admins, SM internally ignores the first 8 characters of Steam2 format IDs, your plugin should do the same.
Thank you for your revert. The plugin I am testing - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286965 - doesn't seem to ignore the first 8 characters of Steam2 format ID while checking when a client joins, with entries in the mysql database ; it only works when Steam ID is changed to STEAM_1, manually.