Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

kevinracer
Old 09-16-2021 , 05:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.1 (29-Aug-2021)]
Reply With Quote #131

What option is "take damage together", like this, player A shoot player B, A and B will -25HP?
And disable this?
Quote:
[ReverseFF] You attacked Ellis, friendly-fire damage reversed

Last edited by kevinracer; 09-16-2021 at 05:27.
Mystik Spiral
Old 09-16-2021 , 17:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.1 (29-Aug-2021)]
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinracer View Post
What option is "take damage together", like this, player A shoot player B, A and B will -25HP?
And disable this?
It is a design goal for this plugin that victims never take damage from friendly-fire and I do not intend to change that. However, I will work on an option to disable the reverseff chat messages.
Old 09-16-2021 , 20:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #133

New version 2.8.2 released, see original post for download.

16-Sep-2021 v2.8.2
- Add option to display/suppress ReverseFF chat messages (reverseff_chatmsg [default=1])
-- 0=Suppress chat messages, 1=Display chat messages
Old 10-02-2021 , 18:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #134

As of late players have been suggesting a grace period in between when players can be hit, this is especially due to the fact that in some situations as players cover each other, when a common/special is killed, it no longer blocks bullets and therefor can provoke some accidental friendly fire damage, which is accepted as fine but automatic weapons do have the firerate that tends to really make things worst because even with proper reactions, there can be more than 3 bullets going off and punishing the player more than intended.
Mystik Spiral
Old 10-04-2021 , 16:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
As of late players have been suggesting a grace period in between when players can be hit, this is especially due to the fact that in some situations as players cover each other, when a common/special is killed, it no longer blocks bullets and therefor can provoke some accidental friendly fire damage, which is accepted as fine but automatic weapons do have the firerate that tends to really make things worst because even with proper reactions, there can be more than 3 bullets going off and punishing the player more than intended.
I believe this issue was corrected in the 2.5/2.6 release, where you get a 2 second grace period (god frames) after being freed from a special. Please ensure you are using the latest version, 2.8.2, and see if the issue is resolved. If you are already using version 2.8.2, please provide more details about how to duplicate the issue (SI was melee-ed off, SI was killed, tongue broke, etc). Also check the setting for "reverseff_pullcarry" if the damage was related to the charger or smoker.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 10-04-2021 at 17:03.
Shao
Old 10-05-2021 , 18:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
I believe this issue was corrected in the 2.5/2.6 release, where you get a 2 second grace period (god frames) after being freed from a special. Please ensure you are using the latest version, 2.8.2, and see if the issue is resolved. If you are already using version 2.8.2, please provide more details about how to duplicate the issue (SI was melee-ed off, SI was killed, tongue broke, etc). Also check the setting for "reverseff_pullcarry" if the damage was related to the charger or smoker.
Sorry, I mean something else completely different. What I am talking about involves when damage is taken, there is no cooldown at all.

What they are asking for is a grace period in between friendly fire, as in if you hit someone once there should be a small cooldown that prevents another accident from happening right away. Be it very small, because some weapons shoot really fast and by the time they realize too much is already done.

I'd be careful with this setting though if you apply it, maybe have it ignore shotguns since pellets count as bullets and it would drastically reduce punishement.
Mystik Spiral
Old 10-05-2021 , 21:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Sorry, I mean something else completely different. What I am talking about involves when damage is taken, there is no cooldown at all.

What they are asking for is a grace period in between friendly fire, as in if you hit someone once there should be a small cooldown that prevents another accident from happening right away. Be it very small, because some weapons shoot really fast and by the time they realize too much is already done.

I'd be careful with this setting though if you apply it, maybe have it ignore shotguns since pellets count as bullets and it would drastically reduce punishement.
Okay, got ya. I'll think about ways to implement this. Maybe a different cooldown ConVar for shotguns since each pellet is processed separately by OnTakeDamage, and ignore cooldown for melee and chainsaw weapons.
Old 11-10-2021 , 09:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #138

Excellent, I love this plugin, it balances the whole game, it may be possible to add an option where everyone on the server can see the ads of those who are being returned friendly fire, since I think that only people who are doing friendly fire can see it , add a cvar to see all the friendly fire that is returned to warn and so by the way control the admins and that they can see who is trolling, it would be much appreciated, sorry for me english i use google translator. i love your plugin.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2021 , 13:08   Re: [L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.1 (08-Dec-2020)]
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
Released v1.1...

If attacker weapon has incendiary/explosive ammo, increase damage to attacker by 12.5%.

I haven't yet figured out how to tell if the grenade launcher (projectile) has incendiary/explosive ammo, so there is no extra damage for that weapon yet. All other primary weapons should be working fine with higher damage when using special ammo. The special ammo extra damage is not a true reversal, but is a good compromise until/if I figure out how to directly reverse it.
A grenade launcher shouldn't even be affected by these...
It's literally an incendiary explosive

Discord: Eyal282#1334
Maku
Old 11-10-2021 , 14:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #140

Can you add a print to chat about survivors getting incapped or team killed to chat and who did it?

I don't have a reverse friendly fire to molotov since it can be easily abused and I had an issue where one of the Admins mistakingly banned an innocent player for team killing when I clearly saw who it was due to the notification (Based on the red text notification in-game about survivors getting incapped/killed by who).

I have unbanned the innocent player, but the other admin kept insisting it was him because the admin "saw" him shoot a firework crate when they were together in a group of 3s.

And I had to argue back because the suspected player was with me and another player the entire time they were being burnt to death and I saw the red notification that it was one of the two he was with.

I don't think the other admin noticed the red text and I had no proof that the suspected player was innocent either because it was not recorded in chat or anywhere. It would really be helpful to narrow down on who is to blame when no one notices the notification.