[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

meanman
Old 08-09-2009 , 19:14   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
You're asking in the wrong place. But I'll answer anyway

Put the .smx file into the left4dead/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
The .sp file is not needed unless you want to take a look at/edit the source code.

Restart the server to get it working. Then check left4dead/cfg/sourcemod/ for the config file. Open it in a text editor. Edit what you want, save, then restart your server.

P.S. Use the version mentioned in my Signature.
Sorry for posting in the wrong place i have it working but i still have a few questions if you dont mind, there is a survivor_upgrades.cfg and a survivor_upgrades_k.cfg which do i edit? also is there a way of having the laser so you dont spawn with it but it is given to you as a reward so some players may have it and some may not ? it says to go to console and put this to turn laser of /laser but it doesnt seem to work and several other comands that dont work in console. one last question is there a way of making the upgrades harder to earn ? im sorry if im being a pain but i realy like this plug in.
Chaotic Llama
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2009 , 20:28   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #332

If your using the one like Whosat mentioned using, the one from his siggy... then you'll use and edit survivor_upgrades_k.cfg. You can delete the other survivor_upgrades.cfg. Also, make sure your not running the other plugin to (aka survivor_upgrades.smx), delete it...
Whosat
Old 08-09-2009 , 23:06   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman View Post
Sorry for posting in the wrong place i have it working but i still have a few questions if you dont mind, there is a survivor_upgrades.cfg and a survivor_upgrades_k.cfg which do i edit? also is there a way of having the laser so you dont spawn with it but it is given to you as a reward so some players may have it and some may not ? it says to go to console and put this to turn laser of /laser but it doesnt seem to work and several other comands that dont work in console. one last question is there a way of making the upgrades harder to earn ? im sorry if im being a pain but i realy like this plug in.
What Chaotic Llama said.

You don't put /laser in the console, you say it. (Press 'y' then type /laser then press enter). But if you want laser sights as an upgrade make surup_always_laser 0 then make the value of the convar for laser sights 1 instead of the default 2.

Check the config file. You can choose when survivors get upgrades - tank spawn, witch death, tank death, etc.
In my upcoming plugin you can also set limited special ammo, upgrades on heal, upgrades on x (default 100) infected kills.
Old 08-09-2009 , 23:13   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #334

Quote:
In my upcoming plugin you can also set limited special ammo, upgrades on heal, upgrades on x (default 100) infected kills.
New plugin pwns, glad I got to test drive it and help out...

Kudos to you bro
meanman
Old 08-10-2009 , 06:40   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #335

Thanks guys you have been a great help, i must say its an amaizing plugin thanks again
Whosat
Old 08-10-2009 , 06:47   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama View Post
New plugin pwns, glad I got to test drive it and help out...

Kudos to you bro
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman View Post
Thanks guys you have been a great help, i must say its an amaizing plugin thanks again
No problem! I'll be uploading my rewrite the moment Jerrith replies my PM. Until then, you guys will just have to stick with 1.4k3
Old 08-10-2009 , 07:12   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #337

Quote:
That's cool but I hope It will work in versus ! I tried to copy/paste jerrith's code but it didn't work
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 07:19   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #338

Quote:
Thanks

No problem! I'll be uploading my rewrite the moment Jerrith replies my PM. Until then, you guys will just have to stick with 1.4k3
Isn't he perma-afk? Hope it wont take too long.
Old 08-10-2009 , 08:06   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naow View Post
That's cool but I hope It will work in versus ! I tried to copy/paste jerrith's code but it didn't work
Haha check PM ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Isn't he perma-afk? Hope it wont take too long.
Yeah I thought he was as well but he last signed on July something. So maybe he'll check his PM inbox hmm.
If he doesn't get back to me by the end of the week I'll just put it up in this thread :/
Old 08-10-2009 , 09:08   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #340

oh cmon man, we're waiting so loon for the fixes...
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis