Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Respawn plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

CWO
Old 10-30-2005 , 12:41   Respawn plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, I run a Plan of Attack server, and I just came up with an idea for a gameplay altering plugin.

Essentially, the type of plugin I am looking for is one that lets players respawn after death. (similar to CSSDM, but I'd like it to be a mod independant plugin that would work with pretty much any round-based game, such as PoA)

Perhaps players could be able to choose a set of weapons at the beginning of the round (once again, similar to features found in CSSDM) and then after the round ends, all players respawn at base and choose either a different set of weapons or the same, whatever they want, then they can set out to complete their objective once again.

For CSS, this would end up making a kind of Attackers VS Defenders gameplay, where the T's would attack the bombsite in a continuous stream attempting to plant the bomb while the CT's attempt to defend the bombsite until the round timer ends. (similar scenario except reverse the teams for hostage maps)

For Plan of Attack, it would make an even cooler gameplay style; each round the teams take turns attacking and defending, so it would essentially turn into an all out war (which could really capture the atmospheric feel of PoA)

Basically though, all I want is a simple, stable plugin that runs well and does its job without getting in the way and providing a nice little change to standard round-based gameplay.

If anyone is interested in doing this, you could send me a PM or we can discuss it in this thread.

Thanks!
sslice
Old 10-30-2005 , 13:51  
Reply With Quote #2

This is a nice idea... would you want it to have custom spawn points, or just use the defaults?
Old 10-30-2005 , 16:41   Re: Respawn plugin?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO
Hey, I run a Plan of Attack server, and I just came up with an idea for a gameplay altering plugin.

Essentially, the type of plugin I am looking for is one that lets players respawn after death. (similar to CSSDM, but I'd like it to be a mod independant plugin that would work with pretty much any round-based game, such as PoA)

Perhaps players could be able to choose a set of weapons at the beginning of the round (once again, similar to features found in CSSDM) and then after the round ends, all players respawn at base and choose either a different set of weapons or the same, whatever they want, then they can set out to complete their objective once again.

For CSS, this would end up making a kind of Attackers VS Defenders gameplay, where the T's would attack the bombsite in a continuous stream attempting to plant the bomb while the CT's attempt to defend the bombsite until the round timer ends. (similar scenario except reverse the teams for hostage maps)

For Plan of Attack, it would make an even cooler gameplay style; each round the teams take turns attacking and defending, so it would essentially turn into an all out war (which could really capture the atmospheric feel of PoA)

Basically though, all I want is a simple, stable plugin that runs well and does its job without getting in the way and providing a nice little change to standard round-based gameplay.

If anyone is interested in doing this, you could send me a PM or we can discuss it in this thread.

Thanks!

my plugin is under contraction autorespaw plugin

only for now autorespaw

sory my bad english
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2005 , 17:17  
Reply With Quote #4

Could you also add a command for eventscripts to use?

bx_spawn <player>
Old 10-30-2005 , 17:18  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslice
This is a nice idea... would you want it to have custom spawn points, or just use the defaults?
Just defaults. If I want random, I can just play CSSDM.
barcielx
Old 10-31-2005 , 05:42  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthys
Could you also add a command for eventscripts to use?

bx_spawn <player>

i build one event scrit and one plugin

sory my bad english
CWO
Old 11-02-2005 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #7

So is anyone else interested in this and capable of doing it?
cybermind
Old 11-02-2005 , 12:21   Re: Respawn plugin?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO
I think this is your main problem here. It may be possible to do for PoA alone, and CS:S alone (as shown in CS:SDM), but having a general functionality to do this will be difficult, as mods can handle deaths and dying in any number of ways.
CWO
Old 11-07-2005 , 13:58   Re: Respawn plugin?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMind
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO
I think this is your main problem here. It may be possible to do for PoA alone, and CS:S alone (as shown in CS:SDM), but having a general functionality to do this will be difficult, as mods can handle deaths and dying in any number of ways.
Thats true, and I really don't mind if its only compatible with one mod or another.
Just something simple to start with, and later could be built on to add support for other mods and new features etc.