Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (Version 1.4.1, 19.11.2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

bzz0
Old 04-18-2011 , 16:46   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
I could only keep the class for no team specific classes and if the limit in the other team isn't reached already. Will do that, ok?
If there is no other possibility (for example to override the limit like it was in L.Dukes version) it will be ok.

Last edited by bzz0; 04-18-2011 at 16:59.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:03   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
Suggestion: We should establish an ad or a rules menu that explains the rules and operation of customer orders.

Problem: When we play and we move into spectator mode, you do not see the flag.

[EDIT] Second Problem in attachement
I'm planning an !help menu with information about how to play as i wrote in my previous post. You're thinking about something different when saying "explains the rules and operation of customer orders"?

1. You don't see the flag? It disappears? That's more than strange! Don't know what would cause something like that.

2. Has been reported before and is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
[EDIT] Third problem with the server crashed 2 times already with over 10 players.

Running in Debian Squeeze 64, Metamod Source 1.8.6, SourceMod 1.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0ne View Post
Nope, server still crashing.. =\
Please follow the instructions in my previous post about attaching gdb to the process. I'm unable to fix this crashing issue without that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzz0 View Post
If there is no other possibility (for example to override the limit) it will be ok.
It's possible to override the limit, but that would be silly. People are going to exploit that "feature" heavily;)
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:07   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #93

Peace-Maker - somehow (dunno how) overriding was happened automatically when the balancer changed someones team...
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:08   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #94

Ok I'll keep you informed ;)
Peace-Maker
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:20   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzz0 View Post
Peace-Maker - somehow (dunno how) overriding was happened automatically when the balancer changed someones team...
Hm, i thought ChangeClientTeam() and CS_SwitchTeam() fire the player_team event. If that's not the case it'll be pretty resource intensive to test the team every postthink or something :O

Which team balancer do you use?

Also other ideas:
  • How about flashing all clients screen in the color of the team, if a flag is conquered, so you hear the sound, but also have a visual effect when playing without sound? Maybe add an option for players to disable it, if they want?
  • Show enemies near to currently owned flag on radar, if they're are in the trigger zone?
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:27   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
Hm, i thought ChangeClientTeam() and CS_SwitchTeam() fire the player_team event. If that's not the case it'll be pretty resource intensive to test the team every postthink or something :O

Which team balancer do you use?

Also other ideas:
  • How about flashing all clients screen in the color of the team, if a flag is conquered, so you hear the sound, but also have a visual effect when playing without sound? Maybe add an option for players to disable it, if they want?
  • Show enemies near to currently owned flag on radar, if they're are in the trigger zone?
I am using Dalto's CS:S Team Balance:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59234

I saw that you added sm_conquest_removedroppedweapons to enable removing dropped weapons each 20 seconds. Can you make that time adjustable in config?

Your suggestions:
Flashing - may be! But should be default to OFF.
Shown enemies - nice idea But should be also adjustable in config.
Old 04-18-2011 , 17:40   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #97

Not completely flashing, but only fading to a touch of red or blue. Players will still be able to see everything ofc;)

Now that's an pretty old plugin using custom SDKCalls. You may want to switch to different one using sdktools calls. I would assume the CS_SwitchTeam just calls the SwitchTeam function either, but it looks like Dalto's version doesn't fire the player_team event.
Old 04-18-2011 , 19:12   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #98

I'm back, I managed to get a crash server logs attached gdb.
Attached Files
File Type: log crash.log (10.6 KB, 119 views)
teamafia88
Old 04-19-2011 , 04:34   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #99

hi ,

very good job

is it possible to have the weapon menu in French?
CenT
Old 04-19-2011 , 04:50   Re: [CS:S] SM:Conquest - Conquer flags on maps to win (1.0)
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamafia88 View Post
hi ,

very good job

is it possible to have the weapon menu in French?
Il est déja en français... la seule chose qui est pas en français c'est le nom des classes, mais ça reste des noms y'a rien de compliquer sur la compréhension je trouve ^^