Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [L4D2]Database not connecting until player connects

Post New Thread Reply   

Morning
Old 01-26-2024 , 06:35   [L4D2]Database not connecting until player connects
Reply With Quote #1

I'm connecting to mysql database using threaded connection OnPluginStart(). In my connect callback, I have function to retreive some test data with SQL_TQuery which inserts into some global vars and then PrintToConsole to test that it ran.

My problem is, when I launch my server, none of these functions seem to run. It's only when a client connects that the database decides to connect and function as it should. I need this data before any players connect - am I doing something wrong? I've tried this with non-threaded connect/query and it works as expected.

I've made a little progress - it seems because the server is booting up in hibernation mode. Once the server is running and I check "sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty" it returns 1. If I switch it off, it boots and connects to the database. I've added "sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty 0" however, when the server starts first time and runs the configs, it automatically goes into back into hibernation:
Code:
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_hibernate_when_empty" to "0".
Server waking up from hibernation
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_allow_wait_command" to "0".
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_pausable" to "0".
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_voiceenable" to "1".
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_alltalk" to "1".
Server is hibernating
How would I go about starting out of hibernation mode the first time the server boots. Seems like it wants to force itself into hibernation mode on it's first boot and that means I can't even set up a timer to force it to unhibernate.

edit: well, I noticed that after server was forcing itself into hibernation, the l4d2 event round_end was firing. So I hooked it and set "sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty 0" there, which works to wake it up and launch database functions. It's messy but it works for now.

Last edited by Morning; 02-02-2024 at 08:05.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2024 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2]Database not connecting until player connects
Reply With Quote #2

yes. place sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty 0 in ...cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg it should work

Last edited by Bacardi; 01-26-2024 at 11:18.