Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Unscrambler

Post New Thread Reply   

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-28-2008 , 06:07   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #21

Hmm, I accidentally turned debug on in the newer version, which kind of helps here. Look in your SM log directory for l4dunscrambler.log, but it might be kind of big. Snip it so it only contains the games in question and gzip/whatever it up. If you can send the server logs for the same games, it might help, too, if there's nothing in them you wouldn't want me to see.

Updated the first post to turn off debug by default.
Number Six
Old 12-28-2008 , 07:42   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #22

hi Fyren , pluggin run great for that fonction .
just 1 bugs on my linux dedicated , on finish all campagn , last map , server not reboot on start new campagn and map , map hospital_05 for example blocked .
Server not return on first map campagn , block on the last map on a finished 100% campagn , need a change map admin for work regular or a client connection a vote restart campagn or new .

And a question , what best value time for les 2 cvar ?
Me write .cfg 15s and 15s but not said if its good (?)

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-28-2008 , 16:34   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
hi Fyren , pluggin run great for that fonction .
just 1 bugs on my linux dedicated , on finish all campagn , last map , server not reboot on start new campagn and map , map hospital_05 for example blocked .
Server not return on first map campagn , block on the last map on a finished 100% campagn , need a change map admin for work regular or a client connection a vote restart campagn or new .
I haven't seen this happen. I'll take a look at my code with that in mind, but it doesn't sound like it's my plugin's fault.

Anyone else experience this? Or maybe experience it without the plugin?

Quote:
And a question , what best value time for les 2 cvar ?
Me write .cfg 15s and 15s but not said if its good (?)
It should make a l4dunscramber.cfg by itself in cfg/sourcemod/. 15s and 15s should be fine. Too long and people who want to manually swap teams at the beginning will get automatically swapped back. Too short and slow loaders won't get automatically swapped if they need to. 15s total is probably too short, but 30s total is probably good enough for slow people. Dunno, heh. I really just guessed.
Number Six
Old 12-28-2008 , 18:37   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #24

Thanks for answers first
With no pluggin the server reboot on the first map campagn and not blocked on the last final map previous campagn finish .
It's not a major problem ;) ,the pluggin work fine , but voila .

Fyren
Old 12-28-2008 , 20:21   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Thanks for answers first
With no pluggin the server reboot on the first map campagn and not blocked on the last final map previous campagn finish .
It's not a major problem ;) ,the pluggin work fine , but voila .
Does the problem always happen when a versus game completes or only sometimes?
Number Six
Old 12-28-2008 , 21:02   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
Does the problem always happen when a versus game completes or only sometimes?
On versus 1 campagn full , last map , not played coop on my server but possibly test tomorrow with coop mode .
I create a versus now for tested the last build sourcemod ^^ , join me if a slot free for look the problem ;)

Last edited by Number Six; 12-28-2008 at 21:05.
ChillyWI
Old 12-28-2008 , 21:39   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Hmm, I accidentally turned debug on in the newer version, which kind of helps here. Look in your SM log directory for l4dunscrambler.log, but it might be kind of big. Snip it so it only contains the games in question and gzip/whatever it up. If you can send the server logs for the same games, it might help, too, if there's nothing in them you wouldn't want me to see.

Updated the first post to turn off debug by default.
http://yinyarr.com/Domains/yinyarr/D...unscramber.zip
Fyren
Old 12-29-2008 , 13:31   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
Hmm. On my server, the teams always get swapped (not by my plugin) twice: in the middle of the round, like you'd expect, but also at the end before the map changes. On your server, it looks like that's not always happening, which ends up confusing my plugin.

I can store teams right upon the round_end event, but then people who switch manually afterwards (which I guess doesn't happen often) will get swapped back when the next map loads. Are you running any other non-core plugins or anything?
Antithasys
Old 12-29-2008 , 13:58   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #29

I love the idea for your plugin, but this seems like a weird way to do this. I am sure there is a reason, so I have to ask... why do it this way?

Could you not hook a few events, like round start, round end, and change team.

That way if the round starts, and the players team variable is empty, then its a new map and load up the team variables. If the player changes team and the team event fires before the end of the round, then load up his new team in the variable. If the round end fires and then round start fires again, and the variables are not zero'd out, then you need to check teams and put everyone on the right team. You could also use the team index numbers (0,1,2,3,4) etc. instead of the signatures.

Like I said, I am sure there is a reason you are doing it the way you are, just wondering if the method I mentioned would work (if you tried it), and if not why.

I have a windows server so if this method worked, it would work for all.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
ChillyWI
Old 12-29-2008 , 14:40   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Are you running any other non-core plugins or anything?
Nope. About a week ago I did a fresh install of L4D and Sourcemod. I removed the nextmap plugin and the "fun" plugins, but otherwise left it stock.