Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)

Post New Thread Reply   

Big Myke
Old 01-04-2010 , 15:10   [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #1

My gaming community is getting tired of how easy it is to shove-lock a hunter, jockey, smoker, and boomer by shoving the SI continually until they die. The SI are locked into a dazed and helpless position that they cannot get out of until they either are killed or luckily, the survivor gets into melee fatigue.

My request is that if someone can make a plugin that eliminates the special infected from being killed by survivors who shove-lock (multiple shoving until they die) the hunter, spitter, jockey, and smoker. Although I suggest that the Boomer may not be immuned from shoving (multiple shoves lead to exploding and it gets bile all over the survivor that does the shoving).

This allows hunters, smokers, jockeys, and spitters a chance to escape when survivors reach a melee fatigue.

Last edited by Big Myke; 01-11-2010 at 16:13.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2010 , 16:58   Re: [L4D2] and [L4D] No Damage given to SI by being Meleed by survivor (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #2

there is no damage from melee. death occurs automagically after several (4-6) melee attacks.
Big Myke
Old 01-04-2010 , 18:04   Re: [L4D2] and [L4D] No Damage given to SI by being Meleed by survivor (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
there is no damage from melee. death occurs automagically after several (4-6) melee attacks.

Thanks, I edited my request to be more accurate. I hope there a way for Hunters, Smokers, Jockeys and Spitters to be immune to shoving attacks so they can't be killed but feel the aftershock of being shoved via pluggin. Once melee Fatigue gets enabled by the survivor, it allows the SI to escape or attack. This is the consequence of the survivor who should have kill the SI with a weapon after he/she meleed.

Good Luck to anyone who decides to take action towards my request.

Last edited by Big Myke; 01-04-2010 at 18:43.
Big Myke
Old 01-10-2010 , 11:43   Re: [L4D2] and [L4D] SI Immuned from being killed by melee (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #4

Is my request/idea confusing? Can a plugin even be feasible based of my ideas?

Last edited by Big Myke; 01-10-2010 at 11:47.
Cuthbert
Old 01-11-2010 , 13:01   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #5

I think that's a great idea. Survivors that kill special Infected by melee are lazy.
Big Myke
Old 01-11-2010 , 16:22   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
I think that's a great idea. Survivors that kill special Infected by melee are lazy.
I agree, I believe my ideas will only tweak survivors' tactics for example, it'll force them to shove a SI once or twice and then the survivor will switch to his primary weapon or even a melee weapon and finish the SI infected off. I find this to be a more of an acceptable tactic rather than shove-locking a smoker until he/she dies. The pluggin will still allow the SI to experience the daze feeling of being shoved that they normally experience.
SkaP
Old 01-12-2010 , 02:29   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #7

I like this a lot. Forces the survivors to approach killing infected from a new angle.

If this isn't possible someone at least needs to make a plugin for the hunter roll(his no stun cartwheel roll after getting shoved) to activate a good percentage of the time. As of now it only activates when a Hunter is shoved on his back left hip when he has pounced someone. It's almost useless skill as it almost never activates because of this.
SkaP
Old 01-14-2010 , 21:54   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #8

Any hope for this at all? Think its a great idea.
Big Myke
Old 01-14-2010 , 22:03   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #9

Thanks for your interest, SkaP. I hope someone picks up on my ideas and puts a plugin together for us.
Big Myke
Old 01-21-2010 , 09:42   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #10

Bringing this thread closer to the front page since it's been lingering on the 7th page for quite some time. Hope a SM coder can latch onto my request.