Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)

Post New Thread Reply   

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2010 , 12:58   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
I think that's a great idea. Survivors that kill special Infected by melee are lazy.
Lazy? The only guaranteed way to kill a jockey with full charge next to you is to keep meleeing him, if you stop meleeing him and try to shoot he will instantly pounce you.
Cuthbert
Old 01-28-2010 , 12:21   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #12

That's true if you're going to try and kill him with bullets, but if you have your melee weapon out (you can get it out in no time), then it takes just one chop to finish the job. Same goes for Hunter. Get the dead-stop and then get the slash.

It's a more viable defensive tactic than melee spam, because for the Survivor it saves time, and energy they could use defending against other targets. Plus from the perspective of the Special Infected, it's just more dignified.

Bump.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 01-28-2010 at 12:31.
Zverina
Old 01-29-2010 , 19:29   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #13

i say complete yes to this idea, i mean really something dead for quite some time should not be able to be killed by being pushed a few times i mean does anyone really think they would? and btw downtown, u yes shove the jockey once shoot him a few times, if you seem to be that large % of people that prefer a gun to a melee, then shove another time instead of being lazy and just shove killing them
Cuthbert
Old 01-29-2010 , 19:47   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #14

Well no, because he's right that pausing to shoot will just allow the Jockey to jump on your face. But the one or two shots you get off before that happens will not end it, whereas a swipe with your melee weapon will.
KnowledgeJunkie
Old 01-30-2010 , 13:49   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #15

Another thing I'd worry about with this type of plugin: If SI don't die from shoving, does that mean that they'll just be shove-able ad infinum? Shoving an SI forever is just as bad (if not worse) than killing him, and the alternative seems to be sending him back into ghost mode... which is of course an advantage for him since he went in, got stopped by a survivor shove, but then gets to escape without damage. There are pitfalls to doing away with survivor shove killing, is what I'm saying.
Cuthbert
Old 01-31-2010 , 14:08   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #16

Bump.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 01-31-2010 at 14:55.
SkaP
Old 01-31-2010 , 22:22   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeJunkie View Post
Another thing I'd worry about with this type of plugin: If SI don't die from shoving, does that mean that they'll just be shove-able ad infinum? Shoving an SI forever is just as bad (if not worse) than killing him, and the alternative seems to be sending him back into ghost mode... which is of course an advantage for him since he went in, got stopped by a survivor shove, but then gets to escape without damage. There are pitfalls to doing away with survivor shove killing, is what I'm saying.
Impossible with Melee fatigue. Eventually after 4-5 shoves the SI could get away very easily or pounce again. That's the reason for this, if the survivor is lazy enough to shove to death with something like this on he pays the price. And one or two shoves gives anyone enough room on a Jockey/Hunter to kill him with his gun/melee.

If this isn't possible I still think a plugin that activates the Hunter Roll(explained here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuLIj-VjDuY) more often would be just as good.

Last edited by SkaP; 01-31-2010 at 22:25.
Big Myke
Old 02-06-2010 , 00:52   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #18

Bumpy. Saved thread from being stuck to the bottom of 4th page.
Cuthbert
Old 02-16-2010 , 15:54   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #19

Persistant bump.
Big Myke
Old 05-27-2010 , 15:49   Re: [L4D2] SI Immuned from being killed by shoving (Shove-Lock)
Reply With Quote #20

Big Bump.