Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010

Post New Thread Reply   

1111can
Old 04-06-2014 , 12:07   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #311

my rockets won't make the beeping sound and i have this in my config
Code:
// -------------------------------------------------------
// Events
// 
// In order to further customize the rocket types, you can
// set a command to be executed when a certain event happens
// with a dodgeball rocket.
//
// The events that are right now implemented are the following:
//
// on spawn- When a rocket spawns.
// on deflect- A client has deflected a rocket.
// on kill- One of the rockets has killed the client.
// on explode- Same as on kill, only triggered once.
//
// The possible parameters passed for the commands are the following.
//
// @name         - Name of the projectile type
// @rocket       - Rocket entity index
// @owner        - Owner client userid
// @target       - Target client userid
// @dead         - Last dead client
// @speed        - Speed of the rocket
// @deflections  - Number of rocket deflections
// 
// Commands
//
// For using with the events system, the plugin has two useful
// commands if you want to make kickass explosion blasts.
//
// tf_dodgeball_explosion <client>
// Shows a huge explosion at the location of the specified client.
//
// tf_dodgeball_shockwave <client> <damage> <force> <radius> <falloff>
// Wich applies a huge shockwave at the location of the client.
//
// If you are able to write plugins, you can include your custom
// commands too!

"tf2_dodgeball"
{

"general"
    {
        "music"                            "1"      // Play music on Dodgeball gamemode?

"round start"                      ""                                          // Music to play on round start
        "round end (win)"                  ""                                          // Music to play for the winner team
        "round end (lose)"                 ""                                          // Music to play for the loser team
        "gameplay"                         ""                                          // Music to play when the gameplay starts

"use web player"                   "0"      // If the use of web player is enabled, these will be
        "web player url"                   ""       // used instead of the gameplay music
    }

"classes"
    {
        "common"
        {
            // >>> Basic parameters <<<
            "name"                        "Homing Rocket"    // Full name of the rocket type
            "behaviour"                   "homing"           // The only behaviour right now is homing :P
            "model"                       ""                 // Default: Common rocket model
            "is animated"                 "0"                // Only works when using a custom model
            "play spawn sound"            "1"                // Does the rocket emit a sound when spawning?
            "play beep sound"             "0"                // Does the rocket emit a beeping sound?
            "play alert sound"            "1"                // Does the rocket emit an alert sound to the client when being targetted?
            "spawn sound"                 "1"                 // Default: Sentry rocket sound
            "beep sound"                  "1"                 // Default: Sentry searching sound
            "alert sound"                 "1"                 // Default: Sentry client spotted sound
            "beep interval"               "0"                // Emit sound every x time

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<
            "elevate on deflect"          "1"                // Does the rocket can elevate after deflection?
            "neutral rocket"              "0"                // Does this rocket has no team based targets?

// >>> Movement parameters <<<
            "damage"                      "50"               // Base damage done by the rocket.
            "damage increment"            "25"               // Increment per reflection.
            "speed"                       "800"              // Base speed for the rocket.
            "speed increment"             "150"              // Speed increment per reflection.
            "turn rate"                   "0.215"            // Turn rate / tick for this rocket.
            "turn rate increment"         "0.0275"           // Increment per deflection.
            "elevation rate"              "0.1075"           // Elevation rate when deflected (if enabled)
            "elevation limit"             "0.175"            // Maximum elevation when deflected (if enabled)
            "control delay"               "0.01"             // Delay until the rocket starts tracking the target after a deflection.
            "critical chance"             "100"              // Percentage of chance for a critical rocket.
            "no. players modifier"        "0"                // Increment based upon the number of players in the server. 
            "no. rockets modifier"        "0"                // Increment based upon the number of rockets fired since the start of the round.
            "direction to target weight"  "15"               // Weight modifier for target selection, based upon the direction of the rocket
                                                             // to the client.
            // >>> Events <<<
            "on spawn"                    ""                 // Actions to execute on rocket spawn.
            "on deflect"                  ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket is deflected.
            "on kill"                     ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client.
            "on explode"                  ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client (triggered once).
        }

"nuke"
        {
            "name"                        "Nuke!"
            "behaviour"                   "homing"
            "model"                       "models/custom/dodgeball/nuke/nuke.mdl"
            "is animated"                 "1"
            "play spawn sound"            "1"
            "play beep sound"             "1"
            "play alert sound"            "0"
            "spawn sound"                 ""
            "beep sound"                  ""
            "alert sound"                 ""
            "beep interval"               "0.5"

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<
            "elevate on deflect"          "1"
            "neutral rocket"              "0"

// >>> Movement parameters <<<
            "damage"                      "200"
            "damage increment"            "200"
            "speed"                       "600"
            "speed increment"             "100"
            "turn rate"                   "0.233"
            "turn rate increment"         "0.0275"
            "elevation rate"              "0.1237"
            "elevation limit"             "0.1237"
            "control delay"               "0.01"
            "critical chance"             "100"
            "no. players modifier"        "0"
            "no. rockets modifier"        "0"
            "direction to target weight"  "25"

// >>> Events <<<
            "on spawn"                    ""
            "on deflect"                  ""
            "on kill"                     ""
            "on explode"                  "tf_dodgeball_explosion @dead ; tf_dodgeball_shockwave @dead 200 1000 1000 100"
        }
    }

"spawners"
    {
        // >>> Default RED spawner <<<
        "red"
        {
            "max rockets"            "1"                // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.
            "interval"               "2.0"              // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<
            "common%"                "90"               // Chance to spawn a common rocket
            "nuke%"                  "10"               // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket
        }

// >>> Default BLU spawner <<<
        "blu"
        {
            "max rockets"            "1"               // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.
            "interval"               "2.0"             // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<
            "common%"                "90"              // Chance to spawn a common rocket
            "nuke%"                  "10"              // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket
        }
    }
}
Send a message via Skype™ to 1111can
KiRRA
Old 04-11-2014 , 14:28   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #312

So I had an idea and was curious how easily it could beimplemented or if it was even practical to try.

Everyone knows of the plugins like Funcommands,FuncommandsX, and RTD. Everyone also knows the whacky effects that these bringto the table such as Freeze, Drug, Gravity, etc. I was curious if someone knewhow to properly introduce those commands into the dodgeball plugin. It would berather interesting to have a handful of “Fun Maps” where rockets freeze theirtargets (or targets in a radius) in place versus blowing them up, causing themto be more vulnerable to the true deadly rockets that could spawn. Perhaps arocket that changes the gravity for its victim, causing it to be lowered andthus a greater kick back if caught in the air near an explosion OR giving theman advantage or interesting angles to deflect rockets.

I know the plugin already has the ability to use somecommands and it even states in the config file that new commands can be writtenand incorporated into the plugin…but I also know some of these commands requiremore input versus just <command> <client> like gravity (what is therequested/desired gravity) or freeze (duration) and the like. I’m just not 100%sure how to do it properly. Would I have to copy all the includes from theother plugins into one for the dodgeball plugin? Can I just call the commandsfrom the config like I would if I was typing it into chat in game? Any ideas oranyone with some experience with this already?

Anyone willing to give it a shot and perhaps addsome interesting gameplay to this plugin for use on some goofy maps? Thanks ahead of time for all help/comments....

Last edited by KiRRA; 04-11-2014 at 14:31.
OddworldCrash
Old 04-14-2014 , 15:21   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Awesome idea that I'm working on: Use and edit tNoUnlocksPls in order to give every class a flamethrower, so you can play dodgeball with everyone. I already played this with the givewep plugin (and editing the dodgeball plugin to delete the class restriction part). It's so fun to play with other clases, but some of them have problems (like the spy for some reason).

Also I highly recomend to use the rocket-bounce plugin so the rocket doesn't explode when you deflect it into a wall or something.
Can this work? I'm not sure about that stupid attachment policy of valve.
Btw. is it normal that custom models don't work either? Like custom intelligence skin?
I know, it's a bit off-topic but i just wonder. There are servers that have found a workaround and Valve gives no about it.

--
Also this plugin(-thread) is a mess. How to stop this annoying soundbug caused by custom flamethrowers?

Last edited by OddworldCrash; 04-14-2014 at 15:23.
Send a message via Skype™ to OddworldCrash
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 04-15-2014 , 11:21   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #314

Can't seem to download this plugin.
KiRRA
Old 04-16-2014 , 11:51   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #315

Here are the files that we use on our server. Please note that I have (I hope) structured them correctly so you should just be able to copy/paste the entire contents of the attached zip file into the TF folder on your server.

I hope you can find these files useful. Please also note that the config file attached is the one we use currently and has been modified slightly (another rocket class was added for testing) from its original version. I have edited the attachment and removed the additional rocket class from the config file as to not confuse users new to this plugin.

Download Link:

Folder Contents Includes: tf_dodgeball.zip

cfg/sourcemod/dodgeball_disable.cfg
cfg/sourcemod/dodgeball_enable.cfg
addons/sourcemod/configs/dodgeball/general.cfg
addons/sourcemod/plugins/TF2_Dodgeball.smx
addons/sourcemod/scripting/TF2_Dodgeball.sp

Last edited by KiRRA; 05-13-2014 at 16:14.
OddworldCrash
Old 04-23-2014 , 03:59   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #316

How to stop this annoying soundbug caused by custom flamethrowers?
KiRRA
Old 04-23-2014 , 09:57   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddworldCrash View Post
How to stop this annoying soundbug caused by custom flamethrowers?
So far the only "solution" seems to be to either block all non-stock flamethrowers (server side fix) or to disable those sounds/lower the volume of that particular sound (client side ONLY fix). This seems to be a Valve issue as it happens on non-dodgeball servers too in my experience. More details on this can be found a page or two page back in this thread.

Unfortunately those are the only solutions I have seen come up so far, but I haven't exactly been hunting for a solution either.
FuG's TF2 PropHunt/Dodgeball Server - 209.144.30.29:27015
OddworldCrash
Old 04-25-2014 , 09:59   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
So far the only "solution" seems to be to either block all non-stock flamethrowers (server side fix) or to disable those sounds/lower the volume of that particular sound (client side ONLY fix). This seems to be a Valve issue as it happens on non-dodgeball servers too in my experience. More details on this can be found a page or two page back in this thread.

Unfortunately those are the only solutions I have seen come up so far, but I haven't exactly been hunting for a solution either.
These "solutions" are more like workarounds. But thanks for the reply!
I've never heard a flamethrower-sound bug on Valve servers.
The soundbug can last for minutes sometimes on dodgeball.
I'll try the other dodgeball plugin. The creator of this one hasn't been online for years...
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-25-2014 , 10:02   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #319

It was confirmed to be a TF2 bug a long time ago, whether you've heard it or not.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 04-25-2014 , 10:44   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #320

Define "confirmed". Valve actually responded to bug reports?
From what I know I noticed the bug introduced with a patch in early February and have then been ignored by Valve via email. Attempts to make notice of it via SPUF failed on my side, too.
Have there been any developments I don't know of?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.