Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Gameplay       
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2014 , 12:41   Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
Ever wondered that something is missing in the weapons? That something doesn't seem right? Well, I have. And guess what I found. Valve messed up once again. Luckily I like fixing cs engine and making it more realistic if it means more fun. So once again a weapon plugin from me. This one changes glock18 and famas fire mode options to what they really are, and also adds fire selectors to other weapons what have more than one fire option in real life (however weapons what already have secondary fire button doing something, aren't included). Here's a small list of burst options (and to avoid future explanations, damage percentage):
  1. Glock18: semi-auto (100%), full-auto (97.5%)
  2. TMP: full-auto (100%), semi-auto (103%)
  3. MAC10: full-auto (100%), semi-auto (103%)
  4. P90: full-auto (100%), semi-auto (103%)
  5. UMP45: full-auto (100%), 2-bullet-burst (103%), semi-auto (105%)
  6. MP5Navy: full-auto (100%), 3-bullet-burst (103%), semi-auto (105%)
  7. Famas: full-auto (100%), 3-bullet-burst (103%), semi-auto (105%)
  8. Galil: full-auto (100%), 3-bullet-burst (103%), semi-auto (105%)
  9. AK47: full-auto (100%), semi-auto (103%)

Requires:
FakeMeta
HamSandWich

Additional info:
Tested in Counter-Strike 1.6 with amxmodx 1.8.2. When in full-auto, glock18 will have a reasonable recoil, when in semi-auto it will be more accurate than usual (as if you waited 0.05 seconds longer before shooting). When inside a burst-fire mode, you can release your attack key to cancel the burst. Also when burst is complete you will have to release the attack key to fire in burst again. Semi-auto mode has a recoil and spread limit which is smaller than burst-fire or full-auto, therefor weapons will be more accurate. Burst-fire mode has a recoil and spread limit which is smaller than full-auto as well. Damage made to others is highest at semi-auto, then burst-fire, and only then full-auto. I also would like to point out, that even by default famas damage in burst-fire is 103.(03)% (or 34/33 if you prefer it that way). Talking about famas, this plugin also fixes the glitch, that when in burst, weapon has no recoil. Oh, and it also blocks the 4 bullet burst script.

Notes:
Took me a while to find some free time to release the plugin. What fire mode selector options what weapons have, I found from wikipedia. So if something is wrong, feel free to PM me with actual fire mode information, and proof. One of the bumps was MP5Navy, since military version is full-auto and semi-auto only, while full-auto, burst-fire, and semi-auto is counter-terrorism version only. But since this is a counter-terrorism game, the choice was clear (though at one point I thought of making terrorist MP5Navy as a military version, but that would just add too much confusion to the game). If you're still reading this, you deserve my friendly advice: go easy on the glock. xD

Warnings:
If you are using other plugins which notify what fire mode is enabled when switching to the weapon, like Weapon Balance Mod, make sure to put this plugin at the end of "plugins.ini".
In case of high ping, weapon animations may and will be messy - it's a low ping plugin design.
When pausing the plugin, all weapons will return to their default states.

Credits:
I would like to thank Arkshine for CS-SDK. ConnorMcLeod for helping me to find a method of how to force client-side to think famas is still in full-auto. And everybody who tested the private beta.

Change-Log:

- Changed: Smaller glock recoil for first few bullets.

- First release.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (realistic_fire_selector.sma - 2074 views - 43.5 KB)
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.

Last edited by MPNumB; 06-10-2014 at 08:35.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
swapped
BANNED
Old 05-28-2014 , 14:29   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #2

screens ?
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2014 , 15:28   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapped View Post
screens ?
Of what? Switching fire modes? The center text "Switched to automatic", "Switched to Burst-Fire mode", "Switched to semi-automatic", or a screenshot of glock and lots of bullet holes in a wall? Help me out, what screenshots and how would they be useful in absolutely any way what so ever do you have in mind?
* HotVision
___
DonKisgot
Old 05-28-2014 , 16:16   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #4

You Are AWESOME!

Me and My players LIKED it

Suggestion : Can you make burst fire like famas ? if you hold Mouse1 it can shoot burst fire without release it and press again. can you make it like that ?
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2014 , 16:34   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks. And... Unfortunately I cannot. The CS-SDK isn't still 100% done, and I don't know why or how, but when I try to make it like that, then glock burst effect comes into play after first 3 bullets, meaning that a bullet will be fired every frame. And the weird part is, if I don't block the fire with m_bIsPrimaryFireAllowed, and player is still holding attack key, some strange reset wont take place, and this issue wont be possible to avoid. I've ran into a similar problem with my rate of fire fix plugin.
* HotVision
___
swapped
BANNED
Old 05-29-2014 , 01:20   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
Of what? Switching fire modes? The center text "Switched to automatic", "Switched to Burst-Fire mode", "Switched to semi-automatic", or a screenshot of glock and lots of bullet holes in a wall? Help me out, what screenshots and how would they be useful in absolutely any way what so ever do you have in mind?
Yes , because from your description i dont realy understand what this plugin do, anyway now i know, but one or two screenshots will be better.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2014 , 02:50   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapped View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
Yes , because from your description i dont realy understand what this plugin do, anyway now i know, but one or two screenshots will be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB
changes glock18 and famas fire mode options to what they really are, and also adds fire selectors to other weapons
And plugin name is "Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)".
* HotVision
___

Last edited by MPNumB; 05-29-2014 at 02:53.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2014 , 08:36   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #8

Updated to 1.1
Changed: Smaller glock recoil for first few bullets.

(46 downloads reset)
* HotVision
___
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2014 , 12:48   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #9

Amazing work, Keep it going up!
Chokitu
Old 11-23-2014 , 05:00   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #10

Is it possible in sourcemod?
Send a message via Skype™ to Chokitu