Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)

Post New Thread Reply   

nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2010 , 21:47   Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #1

Keep getting this error for any servers I join that have any custom models. I deleted the models from my models folder, then redownload them locally from internet and try, same thing. Any ideas?

Btw, I also tried reinstalling steam itself still didn't fix it.
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 08-30-2010 , 21:48   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #2

Delete the custom model from your client and download it again. This time download the files from the server, and not from a website.
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2010 , 21:50   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #3

I did both. :/ since I reinstalled steam everything got deleted, all custom models, so I downloaded from the server first and it didn't work. Then i tried from the internet.
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 08-30-2010 , 22:14   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #4

Then try to change the model used on the server. Download a new one and replace it, even if it got the same size and everything. Then delete the model from your client, and download it again from the server.
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2010 , 22:18   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #5

Got it working, soemthing was wrong with the downloading from my server, was uploading corrupted files even though when I put them in, they weren't corrupted. Deleted files, joined random server with same models, and it worked
conmourtz
BANNED
Old 09-09-2011 , 15:07   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #6

the same problem here. i downloaded some models for my cs server and i host them at a website. it shows me the message: Mod_LoadBrushModel:models/player/Sheva_RE5/Sheva_RE5.mdl has wrong version number (1748765197 should be 30)
i don't know any other servers with the same models i have. how i solve this???
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2011 , 18:02   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #7

One of them is corrupt or doesn't match the others. You need to locate the working one and put that in your fast download and then delete the one on your client so you redownload it.
Old 09-10-2011 , 13:33   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #8

you mean download all models again??
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2011 , 13:37   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmourtz View Post
you mean download all models again??
What do you mean "all models"? I never said anything about all models. How many models are having this issue? Regardless, my answer remains the same. Maybe you should re-read it Mr. Computer Engineer.
Old 09-10-2011 , 14:28   Re: Mod_LoadBrushModel "modelname" has wrong version number. (x should be 30)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
What do you mean "all models"? I never said anything about all models. How many models are having this issue? Regardless, my answer remains the same. Maybe you should re-read it Mr. Computer Engineer.
yes all models have the same problem mr. stupid..
that prooves that you know nothing at all.. you're so pathetic...