Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2013 , 06:22   Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Click on the images to download them.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2013 , 11:29   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Thanks for posting, is Cave supposed to start with a grenade launcher though?
Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2013 , 12:34   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Thanks for posting, is Cave supposed to start with a grenade launcher though?
It's his only weapon..
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2013 , 12:47   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Okay just checking, some of our members claimed seeing him on other servers with a melee primary and the launcher being his special. They must just configured it differently is all. But I do think the launcher might need bit of a nerf. I'll play about with it and see what works best.

Thanks again.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2013 , 20:15   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Might want to actually post their names
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 09:38   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Okay just checking, some of our members claimed seeing him on other servers with a melee primary and the launcher being his special.
I will just say like I said on it's release that I do not aim to supply a clone of intox's version of Cave or any other version. That would be like making a Saxton Hale clone, or aiming to make a total copy of a boss on Ozfur and say 'totally new boss'; in both cases it will not help or advance the creativity of the community at all. I am not saying that I or any people have set a standard, or should do this or that; It's that the overall fun of making bosses for the public users of Freak Fortress 2 is so much less than it used to be since we at this point are done with searching boundaries between what really is a boss. Otokiru's Ability packs are/were barely used for combinations (and do not tell me different, when I come in a server that has a set of common used bosses I feel like I play against a Saxton Hale/Vagineer but with a different model, with some exceptions of course), let alone as a stand-alone ability for a boss; it's the way that the supplied goods are used by users/creators that is not being explored or mixed enough to create fun, unique and balanced bosses. I would like to divide it in a 'generation' table of what it started out when it first got released, and later when the first creators left and new ones came in their place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Might want to actually post their names
Nah, some people asked me what happened to [x] boss of mine via Steam, and I had them lying around so I thought why not repost them for the people who knew about them and/or want them.

edit:
And if you don't want them because I did not supply a name then I say go ahead, it's not like it damages me in any way, you are just missing out.

Last edited by Darthmule; 06-17-2013 at 09:51. Reason: quoting snaggle
LAWD VAWLDAWMAWRT
Old 06-17-2013 , 13:14   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Will you be releasing any other bosses within the future if you ever feel comfortable making more public? If you don't I understand.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2013 , 15:17   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

@Darth: Nah, it's just that I like to see what I'm downloading first.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 23:54   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
@Darth: Nah, it's just that I like to see what I'm downloading first.
in order: seth rogan, christian brutal sniper, sheldon cooper, sheldon cooper bazinga duo boss
bazingaaaaa
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2013 , 02:10   Re: Darth's Freaks (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmule View Post
I will just say like I said on it's release that I do not aim to supply a clone of intox's version of Cave or any other version. That would be like making a Saxton Hale clone, or aiming to make a total copy of a boss on Ozfur and say 'totally new boss'; in both cases it will not help or advance the creativity of the community at all. I am not saying that I or any people have set a standard, or should do this or that; It's that the overall fun of making bosses for the public users of Freak Fortress 2 is so much less than it used to be since we at this point are done with searching boundaries between what really is a boss. Otokiru's Ability packs are/were barely used for combinations (and do not tell me different, when I come in a server that has a set of common used bosses I feel like I play against a Saxton Hale/Vagineer but with a different model, with some exceptions of course), let alone as a stand-alone ability for a boss; it's the way that the supplied goods are used by users/creators that is not being explored or mixed enough to create fun, unique and balanced bosses. I would like to divide it in a 'generation' table of what it started out when it first got released, and later when the first creators left and new ones came in their place.
Well pretty much all you can do is make clones/permutations of existing freaks && hales if you don't create new abilities. And after mystery-clicking each of those colorful images and finding nothing in the scripting directory, this is what I came to expect.
Closed Thread