Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.4 ]

Post New Thread Reply   

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 01-28-2015 , 10:44   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Well, that is not replacing and is not the object of that plugin for two reasons: one that this method is poor and I don't want to deal with such code and the second is that the purpose is to replace, not to block and play another one.

What do you mean by "sound signature" ? Orpheu, Okapi, Rage and so on can't replace client side sounds, they are not controlled by the server.
hooking emit sound. You can detect when server sends sounds, even being client side, server is "the boss". Blocking it and send a new one isn't poor if well done. If you can't replace it directly, i dont see why not. I guess this would be very useful for a lot of people. i am just suggesting somethingso you can get rid of one cons, you dont have to do it if you dont want obviously. And you could also block precache on replaced sounds, maybe seems poor way to unprecache it, but it's up to you
Old 01-28-2015 , 11:01   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
hooking emit sound. You can detect when server sends sounds, even being client side, server is "the boss". Blocking it and send a new one isn't poor if well done. If you can't replace it directly, i dont see why not. I guess this would be very useful for a lot of people. i am just suggesting somethingso you can get rid of one cons, you dont have to do it if you dont want obviously. And you could also block precache on replaced sounds, maybe seems poor way to unprecache it, but it's up to you
The precache forward is not accurate, so you can't be 100% sure that your models or sounds are detected and unprecached. No reason to put something which won't work in all cases(if I remember well any custom resource precached by other plugins is not taken into account).
Weapons sounds are not played with emit sound, only the knife one is.
By it's definition the way of blocking the original sound and sending a new one is poor IMO, I don't think I'll do it.

Anyway, I'm working on updating this plugin, will see what I'll do.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-28-2015 at 11:03.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-28-2015 , 11:04   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #103

So far I know, you're wrong Jhob94. This is not the server which sends fire sound, this is the client. Weapons code are also on the client, and fire sounds are played from the client and of course it uses the client API, not server.
That's said, if others players can hear sound, it means this is propagated through the server (engine), so it might be possible to change sounds for others players (but probably not for the one who fired).

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-28-2015 at 11:05.
HamletEagle
Old 01-28-2015 , 11:06   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #104

Yes, it's possible with PlayBackEvent if I'm not wrong, but doesn't worth to be done.
Old 01-29-2015 , 21:46   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Yes, it's possible with PlayBackEvent if I'm not wrong, but doesn't worth to be done.
Other player's firing sounds will be played through PlaybackEvent but not your own - There is no solid way to do it without creating a mess of inefficient code.
HamletEagle
Old 02-22-2015 , 14:21   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #106

Is someone still interested in this plugin ? I think to spend some of my free time in updating it and improving stability, adding new features and making it more user friendly, but this is a lot of work, and if no one use it it's pointless.
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:06   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #107

I am currently using it and it works flawlessly.
Old 03-07-2015 , 04:42   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Is someone still interested in this plugin ?
I'm interested in this plugin. I tested it on a home HLDS there and it works perfectly. But on a dedicated web server for some reason it does not work. Here is the information from the console:
Code:
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [ORPHEU] Function "CBasePlayerWeapon::DefaultDeploy" not found
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "entities_resources_replacement.amxx")
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "OrpheuGetFunction")
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [AMXX]    [0] entities_resources_replacement.sma::RegisterForwards (line 644)
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [AMXX]    [1] entities_resources_replacement.sma::InitializeDynamicReplacement (line 230)
L 03/07/2015 - 12:36:09: [AMXX]    [2] entities_resources_replacement.sma::ReadConfigurationFile (line 198)
P.S. Using Orpheu 2.6.3

Last edited by ARBO; 03-07-2015 at 04:43.
HamletEagle
Old 03-07-2015 , 05:55   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #109

Yes, I know that, linux symbol needs an update. Maybe today I will do it. Thanks

Edit: Solved

Last edited by HamletEagle; 03-08-2015 at 09:09.
ARBO
Old 03-08-2015 , 12:33   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ V 1.0 - Must See ]
Reply With Quote #110

Thanks for update, but it still don't workd properly.
Now the models is loaded to users, but don't changes at those who have specified in the config file.
Logs clean.
Here is what I added to entites_resources_dyn_replace.ini:
Code:
STEAM_0:1:809340xx models/v_deagle.mdl models/csmov/v_deagle.mdl NULL NULL
Am I doing something wrong?