Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack

Post New Thread Reply   

jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2018 , 19:20   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #31

Ok, from my experiences no matter how many of each item I set it to, when beyond 2, it just lets you keep picking up to infinity but always stays at 2 regardless.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-29-2018 , 19:22   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
Ok, from my experiences no matter how many of each item I set it to, when beyond 2, it just lets you keep picking up to infinity but always stays at 2 regardless.
hmm interesting, i'll have to test that out myself tonight. Thanks for the heads up...
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2018 , 19:27   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hmm interesting, i'll have to test that out myself tonight. Thanks for the heads up...
glad to help and good to be back, hit me up in a PM for any beta testing if needed.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2018 , 20:56   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Anything on this yet?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-16-2018 , 19:22   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #35

Ok peoples...i've been steadily working on the next update for backpack. All problems posted i've resolved. I've corrected quantity enforcement. I've fixed starting backpack for players. I've fixed some situations where quantities can be off. I've also re-implemented Incap Pickup. I've been doing a massive code cleanup and optimization due to the state i left 1.0 beta in with excess code garbage and nonsense. An update will be coming soon.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-16-2018 at 23:17. Reason: Problem Solved
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2018 , 15:16   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #36

Sounds good
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2018 , 11:38   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #37

MM, I noticed something interesting, I intentionally kill a bot, they drop pack as per the cvar below:

PHP Code:
// [1 = Enable][0 = Disable] Drop backpack contents when players die
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d_backpack_death_drop "1" 
they get revived...with that in mind, curious if a revived bot can acquire another pack or pick up the one he dropped?

Last edited by jking; 08-19-2018 at 11:41.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-19-2018 , 11:46   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
MM, I noticed something interesting, I intentionally kill a bot, they drop pack as per the cvar below:

PHP Code:
// [1 = Enable][0 = Disable] Drop backpack contents when players die
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d_backpack_death_drop "1" 
they get revived...with that in mind, curious if a revived bot can acquire another pack or pick up the one he dropped?
No that shouldn't be possible...maybe your using gear transfer and they picked it up before u noticed?
I've never seen that happen and I don't use gear transfer plugin. When clients whether fake or not are killed they will drop everything if that cvar is set, the arrays that store there items are wiped out regardless of what that cvar is set too. If you use gear transfer disable it and test. If you do not use gear transfer then send me your plugins list and maybe we can figure it out. I doubt backpack is to blame...
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2018 , 11:52   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
No that shouldn't be possible...maybe your using gear transfer and they picked it up before u noticed?
I've never seen that happen and I don't use gear transfer plugin. When clients whether fake or not are killed they will drop everything if that cvar is set, the arrays that store there items are wiped out regardless of what that cvar is set too. If you use gear transfer disable it and test. If you do not use gear transfer then send me your plugins list and maybe we can figure it out. I doubt backpack is to blame...
hmm yes using Gear Transfer but it appeared she didn't pick it up...

video

I'll test again w/o...

Last edited by jking; 08-19-2018 at 11:55.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-19-2018 , 12:08   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #40

ok when u said pack i assumed upgrade pack not the actual backpack. Also i'm not even sure why the backpack is dropping....deathdrop cvar only effects actual items dropping when a player dies not there backpack models...I did experiment with dropping the backpack and allowing players to pick them back up but i thought i disabled the code. i'd recommend not using the backpack model until i update the plugin for now...that shouldn't be happening.