12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Item Drop

Post New Thread Reply   

panxiaohai
Old 07-30-2013 , 00:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll Grim Payne View Post
It's a really great mod, but please, please, PLEASE make it so that you DON'T drop items when activating flashlight twice! It's extremely annoying, sometimes I simply turn it off accidentally and then quickly turn it on -- and immediately I lose whatever I'm carrying. Plus, there are many players who like to turn flashlight on/off quickly to point at some item or place for other players, and they of course quickly lose everything they have. Please remove activation by flashlight, it's totally unnecessary. We can always bind a different button.

Also, it'd be great if a cooldown of something like 2 seconds was forcefully added after using the command, so that you can't accidentally throw away everything.
Thanks, I will update it soon.
Shao
Old 04-01-2016 , 07:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #22

After sometime, I got really sad that this plugin never got updated, so I did it myself through guessing and effort. It wasn't as bad as it seems!

Removed the flashlight bind. (Removed the lines.)
Fixed the knife and riotshield dropping hunter arms. (Lines weren't identical!)
Added support to the Desert Eagle. (I don't have any idea if it's optimized or perfectly fine looking, but it works!)
Improved the language and fixed other kind of typo's.

This plugin wasn't able to be compiled in recent packages or online, the version I was able to do so was v1.7.0-dev+4756.

While compiling, the plugin gets "warning 213: tag mismatch", I have no idea how to fix it, but I can assure you that anything still work as intended.

Enjoy the stuff!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_drop.sp - 305 views - 22.7 KB)
File Type: smx l4d_drop.smx (12.7 KB, 264 views)
Shao
Old 05-06-2016 , 11:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #23

Small update, fixed the M60 not dropping! As always, the same I stated before still applies, compile etc. Have fun, find any bugs? Let me know, perhaps I can fix those.
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d_drop.smx (12.7 KB, 410 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_drop.sp - 494 views - 22.9 KB)
Pyc
Old 05-15-2016 , 05:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #24

what about spamming grenades? pipe, molotov, vomitjar
a7878463
Old 08-16-2018 , 16:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #25

Hello, I like this plug-in, but I'm playing Survival mode, I hope the F hotkey can fail after the start, can I help you?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-15-2018 , 07:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproperson View Post
I wanted to re-add the flashlight bind
Valve blocked servers setting binds on clients.
Old 09-15-2018 , 07:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #27

That's weird. The original version with the doubletap flashlight bind works just fine. All I did was try to add it to the updated version by shao since they removed it for whatever reason.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-15-2018 , 10:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
That's weird. The original version with the doubletap flashlight bind works just fine. All I did was try to add it to the updated version by shao since they removed it for whatever reason.
I thought you meant "bind f sm_blah". Double tap F maybe something else the plugin provides, I haven't checked.
Old 12-18-2018 , 19:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Could you please share it?

Also, any idea how to prevent the last held-item on survivors from being dropped when survivor is damaged or by the bind? In order to make a workaround for the T-pose glitch.

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 12-18-2018 at 19:34.
Captain Stubin
Old 01-01-2019 , 07:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #30

Hello when I am compile the sp file appear error. Please fix them

PHP Code:
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(247) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(256) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(276) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp 288 error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(290) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(291) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(310) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(465) : warning 213tag mismatch
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(479) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(576) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp 638 error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp(657) : error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpxOLpDK.sp 678 error 173'throw' is a newly reserved keyword that may be used in the future; use a different name as an identifier 

Last edited by Captain Stubin; 01-01-2019 at 09:21.