Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solution For Vista!

Post New Thread Reply   

Ka NIP Shun
Old 01-21-2008 , 16:18   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #11

wanna get rid of all your windows problems? http://www.ubuntu.com/ CLICK HERE ;)
Old 01-21-2008 , 16:30   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #12

Love all the comments But i dont feel like buying the windows xp 2003 cd's becaue im a poor nub lol
and nowadays almost all computers come with vista.
I have ubuntu in my other computer but i prefer microsoft cus its alot easier to work with and has more games out ther for it.
im working on a plugin to try and boost the servers performance but it kinda suck when your a nub scripter like me lol.
getting like 99999999999999999999999 errors
peace out

CS SOURCE
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2008 , 16:35   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
I uhm...love my Vista x64, no problems whatsoever. No broken drivers, no corrupted files...hehehe. SP1 almost done!
This is truly a phenomenon. You hold the only copy of Vista that isn't a piece of shit. Speaking of Vista, I was in Staples the other day, and one of their computers had a BSOD XD.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2008 , 16:37   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewt View Post
Lol hes like "SP1 is almost done, woot" You shouldn't need such large patches like Service Packs if the OS is made correctly. :/ It's called having a fucking QA departments, which Microsoft short sites on apparently.
Microsoft is one of the worst and most unreliable company when it comes to deadlines. They aim to release an operating system one year, then the next, and the next, then suddenly it's out without any real reason because they just felt like releasing it. Vista was quite a few years late yet still bug-infested and pre-mature. It was not ready to be released but MS wanted to get companies to "upgrade" (downgrade, really) to it anyway. With the requirements Vista demands, it's surprising people even want to use it. Windows Mistake Edition (ME or Millennium, lol) required 32MB RAM and recommended 64MB. XP require(s/d) 64MB and recommend(s/ed) 128MB. Vista (BASIC, mind you) require(s/d) 512MB RAM while all other distros (Premium, Business, Ultimate) require(s/d) 1024MB (1GB) RAM!

So with that in Mind, ME's recommended RAM became XP's required while XP's recommended is FOUR TIMES less than Vista's BASIC requirement... I find some stupidity in that because they really should have aimed to make Vista a little less resource intensive.

Personally I don't hate Vista and here's why: 2.8Ghz dual-core 5600+ overclocked to 3.1Ghz with 6GB RAM and an 8600GT. Vista loves RAM and a stronger processor. It loves using as much RAM as possible (it uses over a Gigabyte of RAM just to idle with my 6GB RAM). Thankfully I have plenty of "leftover" RAM so that I can run my programs, games and such. Vista is more "aesthetically pleasing" than performance oriented. They really screwed up on this one because now Apple is trying to cease the moment of MS' mistake. For once I'd have to root for Microsoft but I am still rooting for Linux to make an even stronger push in the Operating System world. The $199 desktop gave Linux some power, which is good.

Anyways, I'm done ranting; glad this guy found an easy way to make CS/CZ work on Vista although I never had a problem.

Random note: I have had 0 problems with getting Vista to run anything really, which is nice. However, I think this is in part due to my version being Vista Business; I guess they had to make sure the Business edition was nearly flawless so that company's could have more stability from their OS. And just a side note: Ubuntu can run virtually any Microsoft program now quite well especially with the latest version of WINE.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!

Last edited by slmclarengt; 01-21-2008 at 16:40.
Ka NIP Shun
Old 01-21-2008 , 16:59   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #15

Ubuntu has run flawlessly on my laptop, it takes a little getting used to the different procedure of things, but thats holds true for a lot of things in life. I have gotten every single game to work on linux and have never had any problems with it.. the best part is.... ITS FREE
Old 01-21-2008 , 17:08   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #16

Im actually pretty happy this is here cause im getting a new pc soon and its most likely going to be vista and im one of those guys to run into a problem like this so i will most likely eventually be using this so thanks in advance.

Send a message via MSN to Liquidz
[kirk]./musick`
Old 01-21-2008 , 17:12   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
This is truly a phenomenon. You hold the only copy of Vista that isn't a piece of shit. Speaking of Vista, I was in Staples the other day, and one of their computers had a BSOD XD.
If there is one and only amazing copy, then why does mine work perfectly too? I also use Home Premium x64, it works great.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-21-2008 , 19:22   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #18

I'm happy that no one has mentioned Macs. If anyone does, I will personally organize a karma nuke task force against you and petition to have you banned.

Personally, I don't care who's winning in terms of OSes, even between Microsoft's (I don't mind Vista, it's pretty good IMO), as long as it's not any Mac OS.
Old 01-21-2008 , 19:45   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
I'm happy that no one has mentioned Macs. If anyone does, I will personally organize a karma nuke task force against you and petition to have you banned.

Personally, I don't care who's winning in terms of OSes, even between Microsoft's (I don't mind Vista, it's pretty good IMO), as long as it's not any Mac OS.
Agreed.

Send a message via MSN to Liquidz
Bojangles
Old 01-21-2008 , 19:47   Re: Solution For Vista!
Reply With Quote #20

Mac OS's are too fluffy. Too many limitations.

Last edited by Bojangles; 01-21-2008 at 19:51.
Send a message via AIM to Bojangles