Old 05-06-2021 , 09:57   [L4D & L4D2] Spray Block [v1.0a (06-May-2021)]
    Reply With Quote #1

Spray Block (l4d_spray_block) by Mystik Spiral

Blocks client sprays.
    It is suggested to also set the following in the server.cfg file:

Code:
    sm_cvar sv_allowupload 0
    sm_cvar sv_allowdownload 0
    Although many players have interesting sprays, there are an increasing number of players/griefers who are using custom sprays that are unbelievably disgusting or hateful/political in nature. So much so that I decided to just block all sprays as I am tired of people trying to ruin the fun and enjoyment of playing L4D(2).

I suspect there are similar plugins out there somewhere, but this is what I'm using and thought I would share. I am not taking feature requests at this time, but please let me know if it is not working and/or you get any errors.

Want to contribute code enhancements?
    Create a pull request using this GitHub repository: https://github.com/Mystik-Spiral/l4d_spray_block

Plugin discussion: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=332342
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_spray_block.sp - 524 views - 1.6 KB)

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 06-14-2021 at 09:33.
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 05-06-2021 , 10:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Spray Block [v1.0 (06-May-2021)]
    Reply With Quote #2

There is Spray Exploit Fixer where you could block everyone except those with specific flags from using sprays. Also checks and prevents sprays which exploit bugs in the game and crashes clients. Don't know why you would say this is for L4D/2 only since it's not.

Afaik you should also do "#include <sdktools>" and not "#include <sdktools_tempents>" because if no other plugin is using sdktools then that extension won't be loaded with the latter style include.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-06-2021 at 10:20.
    Mystik Spiral
    Old 05-06-2021 , 10:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Spray Block [v1.0 (06-May-2021)]
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    There is Spray Exploit Fixer where you could block everyone except those with specific flags from using sprays. Also checks and prevents sprays which exploit bugs in the game and crashes clients. Don't know why you would say this is for L4D/2 only since it's not.
    It probably would work with just about any Source game, but I only have L4D2, so that is all I'm going to support.

Thanks for the link to the other plugin. I wanted to keep my plugin very simple and don't plan to add any features to it...it just blocks all sprays. If you feel it is too similar to other plugins, I will not object to it being removed... I just wanted to share what I'm using in case anyone else wants to use it too.
    Old 05-06-2021 , 10:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Spray Block [v1.0 (06-May-2021)]
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    Afaik you should also do "#include <sdktools>" and not "#include <sdktools_tempents>" because if no other plugin is using sdktools then that extension won't be loaded with the latter style include.
    Thanks, I'll make that change...done. See original post for download of version 1.0a.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 05-06-2021 at 10:33.
    Sunyata
    Old 01-25-2024 , 10:33   Re: L4D1 Spray Blocker - version 2.0
    Reply With Quote #5

I created a fork plugin based on the above author's plugin. However, this custom plugin was designed purely for my server, and differs by utilizing a simple on/off chat command toggle called '!togglespray' to disable or enable all player sprays. I've also added chat message warnings for players who use offensive sprays on my server. This plugin will also automatically re-enable the player sprays after a map change occurs.

The script works for admins, but there is a line in the code for other players to use the command as well, it just needs to be uncommented in my script.

Feel free to modify or improve it, if anyone here feels the code could be better optimized.

I haven't tested my plugin in L4D2, only L4D1.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Spray-Blocker-2.sp - 5 views - 2.4 KB)

Last edited by Sunyata; 03-14-2024 at 08:22.