Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[TF2] MGEMod (v2.0.3, 4/19/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2011 , 13:52   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #11

just had a bug, didn't have time to try reproducing though, so i hope this is accurate:
3 players on server. all added to the same arena. 2 playing, the third fk and not coming back. but he's playing the next round, so manual kick. mgemod didnt notice this and the arena was still full - but only one player in it.
so in short, bug report: notice kicked players, open arena for others.
Old 04-19-2011 , 13:59   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.moe View Post
It was full with 18 clients,
Hmm. I can't say I'm entirely sure why that error happened, and you say it crashed your server?

Regardless, I have tightened up the client validity checks in the offending functions, and hopefully this won't happen in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
just had a bug, didn't have time to try reproducing though, so i hope this is accurate:
3 players on server. all added to the same arena. 2 playing, the third fk and not coming back. but he's playing the next round, so manual kick. mgemod didnt notice this and the arena was still full - but only one player in it.
so in short, bug report: notice kicked players, open arena for others.
I think I see where this is happening. I've coded a fix and will test it later today, if all goes well it will be in the next version.

Last edited by Lange; 04-19-2011 at 14:10.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2011 , 08:00   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #13

I don't see much of any point in releasing this mod in my opinion. It can be used for 1v1's and practice but we have a few servers for that unless we use it for clan practice servers. hmm...
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2011 , 08:09   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
I don't see much of any point in releasing this mod in my opinion. It can be used for 1v1's and practice but we have a few servers for that unless we use it for clan practice servers. hmm...
Not every mod is made specifically for you.
There are people who have many servers for that.
They are all glad this has been released (well it has been before, not just on this site).

Furthermore, many developers could learn a lot from this plugin and the way it handles some things. As can this plugin learn a lot from other developers.

You are making no sense. Mods for clans belong here as well as mods for public players.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2011 , 09:01   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #15

Eh, I never make sense. I've gotten used to saying pretty much what i think. I never said this was a bad mod and i do agree with all of the points you do put out. I'm just implying what i think pretty much.

I will man-up and say i was pulling that out of my brain in a direction i didn't mean for it to go through so sorry from my end. I just meant there's not much of a use for this on my part is what i meant, not everybody.

Last edited by Drixevel; 04-23-2011 at 09:06.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2011 , 17:23   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #16

Replays dont work i presume because of the spawn effect.
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2011 , 21:17   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #17

I have 4 other servers, and my fast downloads work just fine....upgraded one of them to MGEMod and folks are saying the server isn't allowing them to download the map. It's bzipped and in place.......I don't know what else to do at this point....

Also, Mac folks are complaining that they cannot join ANY MGEMod server for the same reason (map won't download).........any thoughts?
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2011 , 11:47   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #18

If Mac users can't download the map then that's a problem on valve's end but 9/10, there's something missing you guys forgot to add or fix. I have an MGEMod server and it works fine.
Lange
Old 05-21-2011 , 11:40   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
I have 4 other servers, and my fast downloads work just fine....upgraded one of them to MGEMod and folks are saying the server isn't allowing them to download the map. It's bzipped and in place.......I don't know what else to do at this point....

Also, Mac folks are complaining that they cannot join ANY MGEMod server for the same reason (map won't download).........any thoughts?
I have two servers running that work fine with fast downloads for mge_training_v7. Can't personally speak to any problems with mac users, but I have never received that particular complaint before. Does the download work when the map is not bzipped?
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2011 , 18:29   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v0.0.5, 4/9/11)
Reply With Quote #20

downloads work fine here too, had no complaints, they only complain about wanting replays, but thats something i cant fix.