Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ideas for new nemod compile

nodata
Old 09-26-2005 , 09:54  

I agree. I think the best solution is to politely request some of the better nemoD functionality in Mani's mod.

The only part of nemoD I used was the nm_spawn funtion that allowed you to respawn a player in the same round in which they died. I'd be grateful if Mani could incorporate that functionality into his mod.
Send a message via AIM to nodata
nodata
Old 09-26-2005 , 10:49  

Sorry for double post:

When I get home today I'll recompile the nemoD source and see what I can do. I've done C++ coding before for another mod, but haven't worked with the source engine yet. If I get it to at least compile I'll post here and let everyone know, and then I'll start work making the fixes.

Really though, we all need to post on Mani's forums and request the features of nemoD be incoporated as best as possible into the Mani admin mod.
Send a message via AIM to nodata
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2005 , 18:44   Re: ideas for new nemod compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthys
I really have no knowledge at all about C but what I was thinking is to have a NemoDLite version. Where all commands and maybe basic admin are available but things like votemap, ads, and things that Mani could be used for are left out. Basicaly just to be used as a script tool.
Great minds think alike. This is exactly what I was thinking. I'd like the two to overlap a whole lot less than they do now.

If I had time, I was basically just going to cut out the 'sick' pieces of Nemod that no longer work and exclude them for good (or until someone else has the patience to bring them back).

-Mattie
Layabout
Old 09-26-2005 , 19:25  

Please save the ability to change player models. I know mani's mod can do it now, but I've got all my scripts geared towards NemoD as far as changing player models is concerned.
Old 09-26-2005 , 19:38   Help me find a replacement for two features:

I need two features from nemod, can anyone recommend other mods?

NIGHT MODE - Just want to make the map pitch black like in nemod zombie mode, but no zombies required.

JEEP and/or AIRBOAT SPAWNING - airboats are VERY fun on de_port

Thanks guys, I'll post if/when I get a server with these features online. I have free access to dual OC3's during non-business hours!

Random
Jasonmr321
Old 09-26-2005 , 23:19  

i also agree that they neeed to implament some stuff from nemod to mani so its more well beter
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2005 , 00:49  

I got it to compile for Windows and fixed a handful of little memory problems I saw.

Still, I'm not getting far when trying to load. It looks like in a push to get DoD out, Valve touched a lot of little areas that fysh was hooking. It can find some addresses, but a handful will need to be rediscovered.

Tomorrow I'll try to figure out a little better if the problems I'm seeing are due to slight differences in my build environment or if a number of areas are actually broken by the Steam update.

If anyone else has tried, I'd be curious to hear your experience thus far.

-Mattie
Jaiye
Old 09-27-2005 , 02:21  

Thanks mattie, <3++