Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TESTING

Post New Thread Reply   

ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 05-23-2005 , 23:28   TESTING
Reply With Quote #1

So, I think we've been scripting for long enough. Time for some hardcore testing! My server is out of the question, pos toshiba laptop in the basement.
Who's server has the best connection? and of course is running the most es scripts?
Interested?
Old 05-23-2005 , 23:30  
Reply With Quote #2

can you elaborate on what exactly are you testing? (are you checking as to who has the most scripts or who is willing to test the most hardcore scripts?) thanx.
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 00:01  
Reply With Quote #3

i just want to pwn ajax
Old 05-24-2005 , 00:33  
Reply With Quote #4

LOL. i'm only about a 1.0 k:d ratio on pubs... except on my LAN where i have this:
Code:
// player_spawn.cfg
es_rand lifespan 20 30
if (event_var(es_username) notequalto ajax) then es_delayed server_var(lifespan) ma_slay event_var(userid)
come to think of it, that would kind of be a cool mod

anyhoo, let's set up a confrontation so i can try to hack ichy's admin check script
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 00:46  
Reply With Quote #5

So who wants to host this event?
Old 05-24-2005 , 00:52  
Reply With Quote #6

c'mon Mattie, we know you got time to play. just put off es_getlocation for another day or so.
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 01:04  
Reply With Quote #7

Heh-- I'm up for killing sometime. I just tend to play on my server "Newbies Only" which is usually packed (at 18/16). I run Top Killer, c4timer, on-damage notification, team wound fining, newbieboost, mugmod, and and lots of other random scripts (like FireBug) that I use off-and-on. I also have a cute little "graduation" ceremony script I play when someone is too good to be playing on a newbie server. (Oh, and I also have been experimenting by auctioning off 'connect sounds' using EventScripts.)

Not sure what it is you are looking for, but I'm always open for gaming there. If there's a particular server you guys would like to gather on, I'm fine for that, too.

If curious, Newbies Only's IP is 207.36.209.213:27015. The best thing about the server is that the newbies are usually guinea pigs for my latest plugin tests, usually before I post them here, even.

Oh, and I just got my FX-55 w/ SLI cards, so you'll have to watch out. ;)

-Mattie
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 02:02  
Reply With Quote #8

what triggers the graduation ceremony? and does it involve ma_banip?
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2005 , 08:27  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax
what triggers the graduation ceremony? and does it involve ma_banip?
It does involve banning, but nothing automatically triggers it. It's a script I execute manually when I determine someone is too good to play on the server. (Which usually involves watching them a couple of maps to see that they're, indeed, pwning all of the newbies.)

It's become a big ritual on my server.
-Mattie
[CBz]noskillhere
Old 05-24-2005 , 11:36  
Reply With Quote #10

I wanna play with you guys
I will run scripts on my server too if you want.
As you all ready might know, I am not a brain guy, I can not make a script but I will load some scripts if you want and test.

I have MugMod, KnifeSyphon, HostageReward, Bigblast and TopKiller running right now.
I need to test HostageReward a little more since I made a cvar change.
I also have the c4timer but it stopped working , I need to look into that and get it working again

We play on Friday nights hardcore around 10pm eastern time if any of you all want to join in.
We do not always have a lot of people on the server which I am sad about, trying to figure out how to get more people on.
Seems FY_shotgun is the #1 map people like and as we switch off to 3rd party maps, nobody follows
Combat Boyz [CBz] @ 66.148.85.235

Mattie, what is your game name on your server?
I will check it out for sure.