Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem

Post New Thread Reply   

kin37ik
Old 10-27-2016 , 08:00   CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #1

hello, hope ive posted in the right spot.

currently running a cs:go server, running sourcemod 1.8.0-git5947 and metamod along with it, also currently running the ckSurf plugin, i have dragged the required plugins out of the disabled folder for end of round map voting, people can RTV to change the map, admins can call votes and whatever, i set the max rounds to 1 and so the vote should be called towards the end of the map, the problem is the vote is never called, and so the map restarts again.

to be fair, ive been searching for a solution the last 2 days, scoured many pages and suggestions, none have worked sadly.

if there is any additional information i can provide, please let me know, as i am not sure how to fix it, thank you.

Last edited by kin37ik; 10-27-2016 at 08:05.
Husker
Old 10-27-2016 , 10:31   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #2

Mapchooser Extended is a pretty decent mapchooser plugin and does the job, it comes with rtv as well as nominations and you can configure exactly when you want the mapvote to appear.
kin37ik
Old 10-28-2016 , 05:24   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
Mapchooser Extended is a pretty decent mapchooser plugin and does the job, it comes with rtv as well as nominations and you can configure exactly when you want the mapvote to appear.

tried that plugin and it still doesnt work, no map vote 2 minutes before the end of round even though ive changed the config, the plugin is running without errors, but a vote never shows

would the server hibernation setting cause it to not function?

Last edited by kin37ik; 10-28-2016 at 08:14.
kin37ik
Old 10-29-2016 , 01:32   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #4

done some more searching and changed some settings, thought it might have been the match clinching option being turned on, turned it off and it still does not cast a vote 2 minutes before the end of map.

does anyone else have some more advice?
Husker
Old 10-29-2016 , 04:23   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #5

This surely has to do with configuration. I'd like to try to help ya via steam, if you dont mind could you PM me your steam?
kin37ik
Old 10-29-2016 , 04:25   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
This surely has to do with configuration. I'd like to try to help ya via steam, if you dont mind could you PM me your steam?

i could post my configs here or on pastebin if that helps? that way the wider community can chip in if need be, just not sure what configs people need to see

Last edited by kin37ik; 10-29-2016 at 04:52.
Husker
Old 10-29-2016 , 04:53   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin37ik View Post
i could post my configs here or on pastebin if that helps? that way the wider community can chip in if need be, just not sure what configs people need to see
Yup do that, dont forget the mapchooser, cksurf configs as well as the plugin list.

Last edited by Husker; 10-29-2016 at 05:11.
kin37ik
Old 10-30-2016 , 02:48   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #8

ok, i uploaded the configs as attachments, the active plugins are as follows (though i have shortcut some):

standard SourceMod enabled plugins
ckSurf.smx
mapchooser.smx, nextmap.smx, nominations.smx, rockthevote.smx
Attached Files
File Type: cfg mapchooser.cfg (2.3 KB, 210 views)
File Type: cfg ckSurf.cfg (12.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: txt gamemode_casual_mod.txt (2.5 KB, 215 views)
Husker
Old 10-30-2016 , 17:50   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #9

You mentioned that you set mp_maxrounds to 1 but the gamemode_casual txt file you provided has it set on 0, if you're using other configs (like server.cfg) please put them here along with the file which you're specifying maps in.
As far as i know cksurf already sets mp_maxrounds to 1 and edits other settings to make it easier for server managers. Since its a surf server simply set mp_timelimit and mp_roundtime to your preference (mp_timelimit defines the time required before mapchange, mp_roundtime wont matter because even if it reaches 0 its ignored but i put it the same as timelimit so players have an idea of how much longer they have to wait before mapchange).

Last edited by Husker; 10-30-2016 at 17:50.
kin37ik
Old 10-31-2016 , 00:29   Re: CS:GO server, no end of round map vote problem
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
You mentioned that you set mp_maxrounds to 1 but the gamemode_casual txt file you provided has it set on 0, if you're using other configs (like server.cfg) please put them here along with the file which you're specifying maps in.
As far as i know cksurf already sets mp_maxrounds to 1 and edits other settings to make it easier for server managers. Since its a surf server simply set mp_timelimit and mp_roundtime to your preference (mp_timelimit defines the time required before mapchange, mp_roundtime wont matter because even if it reaches 0 its ignored but i put it the same as timelimit so players have an idea of how much longer they have to wait before mapchange).

yeah i changed the max rounds in the casual cfg because i thought that may have been stuffing around with the end of map vote so i set it to 0 to see if it did anything which it didnt so i must have forgotten to change it back, dont have anything of interest in the server.cfg, only thing i got in the server config is mp_do_warmup_period 0, mp_warmuptime 0 and sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0, im currently only specifying maps in mapcycle.txt and just incase in the maplist.txt since sourcemod has been set to pull maps from the mapcycle.txt

ill just try to change the time limit and see if that works

EDIT: worked an absolute treat, cheers for finding the problem that i seemed to have skipped over, much appreciated!

Last edited by kin37ik; 10-31-2016 at 01:31.