Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

QUESTION: for mattie

Post New Thread Reply   

ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2005 , 19:45   QUESTION: for mattie
Reply With Quote #1

If 2 script packs use the same event, which .cfg file will exec first? Is it the order they were registered? Does the execution of those .cfg files overlap or will the second wait for the first to finish?
Old 05-27-2005 , 21:36   Re: QUESTION: for mattie
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthys
If 2 script packs use the same event, which .cfg file will exec first? Is it the order they were registered? Does the execution of those .cfg files overlap or will the second wait for the first to finish?
They will fire pretty much in order of registration, but I wouldn't count on this, and I think script writers should consider the behaviour undefined.

The cfg files do not overlap. They execute sequentially. Each script runs to completion before any other script can run.

Why do you ask?
-Mattie
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2005 , 22:53  
Reply With Quote #3

Its for my player track script. Keeps track of players when they activate and disconnect. I'm making it so that other scripts can use it to store player specific cvars easily. Because the player track script uses player_activate, if any other script need to use player_activate it should run just after. Im just using delayed commands now.