Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

HOW TO UPDATE CSDM?

Post New Thread Reply   

darrin
Old 03-16-2011 , 11:21   HOW TO UPDATE CSDM?
Reply With Quote #1

My host (multiplay.co.uk) has tried to update csdm from version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 without success twice now. They say that they have updated it to 2.1.2, but that is not the case, since the command meta list gives this output:
> [10] CSDM2 RUN - csdm_amxx.dll v2.1.1 pl1 ANY ANY
Obviously the version is still 2.1.1, and that has caused me dozens of hours trying to find out and explain to them what they have to do. They say that they have replaced the csdm_amxx.dll and the csdm-plugins.ini and csdm.cfg, but I'm not quite sure. I have already sent them the -hlbeta kwo fix for the latest csdm version, but still they are F"%""&g it up. Really annoying. Can someone tell me how you successfully update csdm to newer version?
And no, I don't have FTP access so I can't do it myself, because multiplay uses a system called Clanforge.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-16-2011 , 16:08   Re: HOW TO UPDATE CSDM?
Reply With Quote #2

The problem is - they have to stop CS first to update CSDM (otherwise they are not really able replace some files). Another thing - it should show 2.1.2 version number after "meta list" command, but it shows 2.1.1 version in file properties. So make sure what they are saying You about the version - if it really comes from "meta list" command.
Old 03-16-2011, 16:29
ANTICHRISTUS
This message has been deleted by ANTICHRISTUS. Reason: didn't saw the KWo's post
darrin
Old 03-17-2011 , 06:20   Re: HOW TO UPDATE CSDM?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
The problem is - they have to stop CS first to update CSDM (otherwise they are not really able replace some files). Another thing - it should show 2.1.2 version number after "meta list" command, but it shows 2.1.1 version in file properties. So make sure what they are saying You about the version - if it really comes from "meta list" command.
I am able to write console commands myself, and yes the 2.1.2 version is output from meta list command. I didn't know I had to stop the server in order to update CSDM, so thanks for telling me kwo.

Update: Forget it, I've changed host.

Last edited by darrin; 04-10-2014 at 14:30.