Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2022 , 08:27   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #21

I've made an adjustment and tested it.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 08-15-2022 at 09:08.
Ark_Procession
Old 08-17-2022 , 20:06   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
I've made an adjustment and tested it.
on changelevel still does not work but i found it working after a restart, so i can live with that.

Thank you forever!
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2022 , 22:12   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #23

Should be sorted now. No compromises. Changing back to a defuse map or using the map command to changemap is workaround without metamod. That was the first step I did before reading that code from OP. It was of no value. If they got it and crashing then they never got it working. The first script took a minute to write looking here https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Half-life_1_game_events. It was absolutely nothing. Redundantly rewrite as a command or on every round if there is any more trouble. We were only applying it to each player as they were putin server initially.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 08-17-2022 at 22:44.
Ark_Procession
Old 08-18-2022 , 08:53   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Should be sorted now. No compromises. Changing back to a defuse map or using the map command to changemap is workaround without metamod. That was the first step I did before reading that code from OP. It was of no value. If they got it and crashing then they never got it working. The first script took a minute to write looking here https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Half-life_1_game_events. It was absolutely nothing. Redundantly rewrite as a command or on every round if there is any more trouble. We were only applying it to each player as they were putin server initially.
mmm... we are back to exactly last step. not working, not even on round restart

Last edited by Ark_Procession; 08-18-2022 at 08:54.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2022 , 12:55   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #25

It should be good now. Then again if it won't work check to see it is passing fix to your clients. Map change prints how many.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 08-18-2022 at 13:58.
Ark_Procession
Old 08-18-2022 , 21:32   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
It should be good now. Then again if it won't work check to see it is passing fix to your clients. Map change prints how many.
Fixed to 32 clients.. somehow.

btw i am a "client" when i test this and i don't get it fixed.

Fixes on restart round.

Still won't work on changelevel after planting on any round or by c4 win event.

i know is possible because the "original" did it. then again, could carry a lot of inestability, who knows.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2022 , 06:53   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Procession View Post
on changelevel still does not work but i found it working after a restart, so i can live with that.

Thank you forever!
Is plugin still paused from previous version? Try longer timer from 0.5 to 5.0 on original script please. Changing back to a DE map or client restarting not server, fixes this without script.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 08-20-2022 at 11:34.
Ark_Procession
Old 08-20-2022 , 11:34   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Is plugin still paused from previous version? There's no reason for first script to fail, possibly longer timer, using MSG_ONE, and making taskid more unique could help. Changing back to a DE map or client restarting not server, fixes this without script.
Code:
public client_putinserver(id)     set_task(5.0, "@fix_roundtimer", id + g_ForceRoundTimer) @fix_roundtimer(Tsk) {     new id = Tsk - g_ForceRoundTimer     emessage_begin(is_user_connected(id) ? MSG_ONE : MSG_ONE_UNRELIABLE, g_ForceRoundTimer, _, id);     emessage_end(); }
Thank god that a game restart fixes it without script, but wouldn't that be incredibly inconvenient if it didnt?

Edit:

Tested it, Working flawlessly.

t h a n k y o u

Last edited by Ark_Procession; 08-20-2022 at 11:47. Reason: Finally!! :)
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2022 , 11:48   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #29

Changing back to a defuse map isn't so bad without script. Players having to exit game and reload is worthy of a complaint to Valve.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 08-20-2022 at 11:50.
Ark_Procession
Old 08-20-2022 , 18:40   Re: Separate plugin only for the Roundtimer fix after change map
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Changing back to a defuse map isn't so bad without script. Players having to exit game and reload is worthy of a complaint to Valve.
it has been really bad for me, without your script. for YEARS.

complaint to valve? do they even care about this game anymore?