Originally Posted by kearney
I appreciate any leads, I'm really lost here.
Welcome to any help I have to give. To be clear I'm barely even a beginner at most of this stuff (CS server hosting in general and Sourcemod). To date I still haven't connected with my CSS playing buddies to test off of LAN. I've done all my testing on one system, so I'm not sure if that somehow affects my results. However before I did this, even downloads to my client on the same system as the server took a long time to DL, the new map I tested went much much faster (minutes to seconds).
Yes after my original mixup I just used the combined download link for webcon and conplex. I originally was trying to build it from scratch but I had some issues doing that anyway. I did compile the fastdownload plugin though.
Some things to try in no particular order,
- Not sure what your setting for sv_pure is but I'm on "sv_pure 0"
- It looks like I did rebuild the simple-fastdownload.smx instead of using the version packaged in the download here. Not sure if you did the same.
- I haven't set any of the variables for fastdownload, all default settings.
- I did change net_maxfilesize in the past to a arbitrary large value, I guess that could cause issues if too low.
- I'm running this on a Windows 10 machine, not sure if you're on linux or not but that could be a possible difference.
- Things regarding SDKHooks are way above what I understand about this ecosystem. That would be an obvious location to investigate further but I don't know if I can help you there.
Not sure if that'll be any help, good luck, feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to answer.