To the moderators/approvers

Post New Thread Reply   

DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2023 , 07:55   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy424 View Post
interesting how valve has never brought up that the player base for all old counter-strike titles and csgo's 50% or less is thanks to the developers of alliedmods and its members who contribute their time bugfixing/coding in general
im wondering if bail ever got a check from valve or appreciation letter.
Well Valve doesn't like that we do this so I doubt it
Old 06-05-2023 , 19:35   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #12

but they love faceit and esea and matter of fact they premium matchmaking is based on sourcemod as whole and they profit from them with subscriptions. open source sounds cool but closed is what gets the riches. what a bummer right
Old 06-06-2023 , 02:16   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Well Valve doesn't like that we do this so I doubt it
When did Valve say they didn't like Sourcemod?
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2023 , 05:42   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
When did Valve say they didn't like Sourcemod?
Its been known. Valve was never a big support to community servers. They profit real well with their skin system and prime membership along with their partnership with esea and faceit. Has been a thing with amxmodx and will continue to be an issue with HL2 games. I'm sure we'll see the lack of support for community servers on CS2 as well
BANNED
Old 06-08-2023 , 19:44   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
That is what happens, if many moderators have stopped checking the forums for reported posts and the admins don't handle applications for new mods at all. Add ancient forum software to it, whose anti bot method is as old as this forum, and voilà, this is what you see here.
Not being personal or anything but looking at your profile it makes me think about what you just said. Joined 17+ years ago, active for most of that time, 49 years old, contributed nothing, basically a maniac forum leecher. Would be ok if you actually started a career or at least made a profit from this forum, but to do nothing all this time? Don't you think this is a teeny tiny "you" problem?

Again nothing personal but it's really apparent you don't understand the concept of moving on in life, but hopefully I've seen nothing and I'm wrong...
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-09-2023 , 06:56   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #16

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm far from being a "Leecher". I'm still subforum mod for the xredirect forum. Sadly, this project had to die because of the restrictions against client commands sent from the server.
Help can be given in many ways, not all of them are "create a plugin for me".
EDIT: Oh, and I still have servers running, so I'm also still active playing this game.

Last edited by Mordekay; 06-09-2023 at 06:57.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 06-09-2023 , 07:53   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #17

I'm genuinely really really sorry that you consider playing an old ass game to be some big achievement, you really need to touch some grass.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-09-2023 , 08:05   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #18

It's a hobby, not an achievement.
And I don't understand that saying "touch some grass", as I'm not a native English speaker.

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 06-09-2023 , 11:06   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Not being personal or anything but looking at your profile it makes me think about what you just said. Joined 17+ years ago, active for most of that time, 49 years old, contributed nothing, basically a maniac forum leecher. Would be ok if you actually started a career or at least made a profit from this forum, but to do nothing all this time? Don't you think this is a teeny tiny "you" problem?

Again nothing personal but it's really apparent you don't understand the concept of moving on in life, but hopefully I've seen nothing and I'm wrong...
Contributed nothing? You have no idea what you are talking about. He had the most usefull and used plugin until 2013 before Valve made a major update that messed with amxx and even clients. Back in 2013 some people couldn’t join cs1.6 no matter how many times they reinstalled it. That’s when people started playing csgo, because they couldn’t play cs 1.6. Csgo would be a failed game if valve didn’t make that 2013 update.
Old 06-09-2023 , 16:11   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Contributed nothing? You have no idea what you are talking about. He had the most usefull and used plugin until 2013 before Valve made a major update that messed with amxx and even clients. Back in 2013 some people couldn’t join cs1.6 no matter how many times they reinstalled it. That’s when people started playing csgo, because they couldn’t play cs 1.6. Csgo would be a failed game if valve didn’t make that 2013 update.
Earm, nope. I was only helping xOR as a mod helping users solving problems with the configuration of xredirect. I had up to 8 servers running and thus much experience with it. But I never had any idea about coding and while playing and enjoying CS1.6 I never had the mood or enthusiasm to learn how to code. So I tried to give what I could back to this community.