Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

racer
Old 12-23-2008 , 15:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #91

Have a bug for you (using 3.0.1).

When players are spectating they get kicked regardless of activity. The notice comes up and says you'll be kicked in 30 seconds etc. and it keeps counting down regardless of movement.

I have players who like to spectate and record demos of suspected cheaters, so I'd like to have them not be kicked if they're actively spectating.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2008 , 18:51   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Have a bug for you (using 3.0.1).

When players are spectating they get kicked regardless of activity. The notice comes up and says you'll be kicked in 30 seconds etc. and it keeps counting down regardless of movement.

I have players who like to spectate and record demos of suspected cheaters, so I'd like to have them not be kicked if they're actively spectating.
Unfortunately that is going to be fairly hard to fix. I check the players location and in mods that support it their eye angles as well.

If it's kicking spectators it means that their "ghost" client must not be moving.

I assume this didn't work in the previous versions either?

Are they actually moving their mouse to simulate looking around? Are they changing between players? You can disable kicking of spectators?

On looking through the code it actually doesn't check location or eye angles for spectator it seems, I guess this might be due to the fact that maybe spectators would never get kicked otherwise.

I'd need someone to tell me whether when they are moved to spectator they are chase-cam'ing a player or whether they are free-looking to some location.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
racer
Old 12-24-2008 , 01:48   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #93

It didn't work in the previous versions either. Nothing seems to reset the timer. I tried moving my mouse around, clicking onto another spectator, pressing some keys. The only thing that resets it is to rejoin a team.

I tested the spec thing. When it moves you to spec it puts you in chase cam mode on a random player.
Alderman [3rd MD]
Old 12-24-2008 , 01:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #94

Cant you base it off key clicks in game? Also with this.

sm_afk_kick_players 1 // - Should the AFK manager kick clients? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = KICK ALL, 2 = ALL EXCEPT SPECTATORS, 3 = SPECTATORS ONLY]

So if you have it move people to spec before kicking, wouldn't 1 and 3 do the same thing? Or would it not move people to spec for being afk if you set it to 3? Is this variable adjust all the afk, including moving to spec and kicking, or just kicking?

Captain Alderman

Commanding Officer
Alpha Company
1st Battalion / 3rd Marines
3rd Marine Division
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2008 , 03:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
It didn't work in the previous versions either. Nothing seems to reset the timer. I tried moving my mouse around, clicking onto another spectator, pressing some keys. The only thing that resets it is to rejoin a team.

I tested the spec thing. When it moves you to spec it puts you in chase cam mode on a random player.
Yeah I have code that doesn't do checks if the player is a spectator I saw.

If it's chase cam'ing a player I don't know if that would count as "moving" and I assume that would mean the "eye angles" are constantly changing. This means spectators would never get kicked if they were moved to spectator?

So I am not sure how to handle having the option of moving players to spectate first and then kicking them after a longer interval but allowing what you are talking about unless you for example set it to not kick spectators and disable the spec move and just have it kick?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2008 , 03:52   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderman [3rd MD] View Post
Cant you base it off key clicks in game? Also with this.

sm_afk_kick_players 1 // - Should the AFK manager kick clients? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = KICK ALL, 2 = ALL EXCEPT SPECTATORS, 3 = SPECTATORS ONLY]

So if you have it move people to spec before kicking, wouldn't 1 and 3 do the same thing? Or would it not move people to spec for being afk if you set it to 3? Is this variable adjust all the afk, including moving to spec and kicking, or just kicking?
The option was so you could disable the "move to spectator" and have spectators not get kicked? Then it would just kick people after the interval if they were on a team but spectators would not get kicked depending on how you set that cvar?
racer
Old 12-24-2008 , 10:33   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #97

Maybe it could be solved with something like a pop-up that just checks if they are still active. "Press 1 if you are still active or you will be kicked."
Alderman [3rd MD]
Old 12-24-2008 , 18:15   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Yeah I have code that doesn't do checks if the player is a spectator I saw.

If it's chase cam'ing a player I don't know if that would count as "moving" and I assume that would mean the "eye angles" are constantly changing. This means spectators would never get kicked if they were moved to spectator?

So I am not sure how to handle having the option of moving players to spectate first and then kicking them after a longer interval but allowing what you are talking about unless you for example set it to not kick spectators and disable the spec move and just have it kick?
So your saying somebody spec-ing while dead and still on a team doesnt get checked? Anyway having some random issues in INS still where it will just kick even playing players out of the server randomly. It is moving folks to spec, and when over 20 players its kicking them, but this bug still happens. So its working like it should but its having this attitude of randomly kicking stright off the server (w/o moving to spec) all of the sudden. Running a INS server.

Captain Alderman

Commanding Officer
Alpha Company
1st Battalion / 3rd Marines
3rd Marine Division
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2008 , 05:03   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderman [3rd MD] View Post
So your saying somebody spec-ing while dead and still on a team doesnt get checked? Anyway having some random issues in INS still where it will just kick even playing players out of the server randomly. It is moving folks to spec, and when over 20 players its kicking them, but this bug still happens. So its working like it should but its having this attitude of randomly kicking stright off the server (w/o moving to spec) all of the sudden. Running a INS server.

I don't see any reason why this should happen, each client has a separate timer. Players do not get warned at this point in time before being moved to spectator only warning before kick.

Can you post your cvar settings?

Spec time should be less than the kick timer and the cvars are the same timer so 180 move and 200 kick means the player will be moved to spec after 180 seconds and kicked 20 seconds later.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2008 , 07:07   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Maybe it could be solved with something like a pop-up that just checks if they are still active. "Press 1 if you are still active or you will be kicked."
I don't know if this is a good idea to implement or not, would need more feedback from other people for this.