12% 

[TF2] Jarate Teammates

Post New Thread Reply   

simoneaolson
Old 06-30-2010 , 11:26   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Other players in game. Just threw the plugin in, changed levels tried it. Nothing happens. Restarted the server for an unrelated matter, tried it, nothing happened.
You could try running a debug version here.... It would be helpful cause it will display where it is in the code. Please report what it says in chat when you throw jarate at a teammate.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf_jarate_teammates_debug.sp - 298 views - 5.4 KB)
simoneaolson
Old 06-30-2010 , 11:29   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
They don't appear to take minicrits to you, because the event being shown to the client has minicrits set to false. The damage will still be that of a minicrit, you just don't see the "Minicrit" sprite float out of them.

Remember, events are simply notifications to say what happened. A pre hook means that you can change what is reported, but even in a pre hook, the damage has already been dealt; you can't change what actually happened.
What do you suggest i do then?
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2010 , 12:31   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneaolson View Post
What do you suggest i do then?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106748

Take a look at the OnTakeDamage hook. That will allow you to change the damage done back to what it should be (keep the event hook in your plugin too)
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 07-01-2010 , 05:07   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
You could try running a debug version here.... It would be helpful cause it will display where it is in the code. Please report what it says in chat when you throw jarate at a teammate.
Code:
STAGE 1
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 2
STAGE 3
STAGE 4
STAGE 5
STAGE 6
I've had it thrown at me, near me, around me. I am not able to see any jarate effect on me or my teammates and they don't see anything either. The numbers keep varying with each throw as well.

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-01-2010 at 17:00. Reason: Shortened post
simoneaolson
Old 07-01-2010 , 12:16   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks for the reply. As long as it reaches Stage6 means that it reached the piece of code where it displays the jarate effect on the client(s) you hit. What version of sourcemod are you running? Have you tried the newest version (v1.04)? I am sorry this isn't working for you (it works for me). Can anyone else confirm this is working for them?
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 12:44   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. As long as it reaches Stage6 means that it reached the piece of code where it displays the jarate effect on the client(s) you hit. What version of sourcemod are you running? Have you tried the newest version (v1.04)? I am sorry this isn't working for you (it works for me). Can anyone else confirm this is working for them?
You might want to put in the OP that this plugin requires SM 1.3.3 or greater, since TF2_AddCondition was introduced in 1.3.3

Also add SDKHooks as a requirement in the OP, rather than distributing it without source with your plugin. For all we know, what's called "sdkhooks" that you're distributing with the plugin could be a backdoor into the server. It's not difficult for users to grab SDKHooks for themselves.

Last edited by Afronanny; 07-01-2010 at 12:47.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 07-01-2010 , 15:02   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #17

Ahh I see. Yeah, I hadn't updated the sourcemod to 1.3.3 yet for the TF2 server. Upgraded it fixed the earlier problem I was having.

A few bugs.

1] When throwing jarate at a sandvich eating heavy, the heavy does not take minicrits but the condition is still applied.
2] The cvar's revert to their original values on every map change despite them being defined in the server config.
3] The jarate condition that get's applied is not instantaneous but has a slight delay before the condition is applied. Can this be sped up?

Also, Is there any way you can make friendly spy's say their jarate lines?

Overall, the plugin works great.

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-02-2010 at 01:48.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-17-2010 , 15:13   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Are you supposed to be able to see jarate on your teammate when you throw it at them? Also does friendlyfire need to be on for this to work? I can't seem to get this to work. :/
Does not seem to e working for me ether.
Old 08-17-2010 , 15:41   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
Does not seem to e working for me ether.
Again, you need sdkhooks for tf2 installed on your server as well as Sourcemod 1.3.3 or greater
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-17-2010 , 18:45   Re: [TF2] Jarate Teammates
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Again, you need sdkhooks for tf2 installed on your server as well as Sourcemod 1.3.3 or greater
I have both.
SM 1.3.4
SDK Hooks 1.3.0

-Edit:
Never mind, I just noticed I'm using the generic OB version, not the TF2 one.
Mybad.