Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

PartialCloning
Old 04-17-2017 , 06:25   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #61

Keeping a bug for backwards compatibility? WHAT? Newer versions are supposed to fix bugs, old plugins relaying on bugs are the problem here, even more so when we talk about Hamsandwich functions with them being directly hooked from the game. No one wants "bug compatibility".
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-17-2017 , 07:50   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #62

It might not even be a bug, Sawce maybe wanted it to be that way. Anyway, it's not something broken, it works, but having an altered parameter in post hook might have more sense. Having a choice to choose the behavior would be better anyway.

Last edited by klippy; 04-17-2017 at 16:33.
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2017 , 15:47   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialCloning View Post
Keeping a bug for backwards compatibility? WHAT? Newer versions are supposed to fix bugs, old plugins relaying on bugs are the problem here, even more so when we talk about Hamsandwich functions with them being directly hooked from the game. No one wants "bug compatibility".
Everyone wants "bug compatibility". You have no idea how maintenance of a decades old, stable codebase works. AMXX as a project is way, way past the point where it can afford to break backwards compatibility, except for security related issues. Existing plugins are a commitment the maintainers have to respect at every turn, as legacy plugins are the core (and, frankly, close to the only) reason this project is useful to its userbase. I only have to go back a single page in the New Plugins section to find a thread from 2010 that I have replies in, and I literally haven't posted here in two years. Arkshine is 100% making the right call here, so spare us your fake outrage and ignorance, thank you very much.
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2017 , 09:46   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
It might not even be a bug, Sawce maybe wanted it to be that way.
I don't think so, because all changed params (int, float, etc.) are affected in post forward (they are also affected in pre for next plugins) and because m_index is assigned only in ctor. I think it is just a copy-paste typo.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2017 , 19:34   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoSToTeM@ View Post
I don't think so, because all changed params (int, float, etc.) are affected in post forward (they are also affected in pre for next plugins) and because m_index is assigned only in ctor. I think it is just a copy-paste typo.
Aye, when I wrote that post I thought it was like that for all types and not just for entities. Now it's clear to me that it was a bug indeed.