Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update

Post New Thread Reply   

93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2014 , 21:42   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #31

Yeah MM 1.10.4 and SM 1.6.3 fixes it. Got it working again on my Windows server.
Old 10-02-2014 , 02:23   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #32

No luck here. I have those SM and MM versions, but my server's still offline nevertheless. Will there be a new version of SM to fix this massive error?
Old 10-02-2014 , 03:39   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #33

WarriorDan, The current updates are working correctly. Try these steps to isolate the problem:

1. Rename your Addons folder and start your server. If it starts successfully, at least you know the original vanilla setup is working. If not:

2. Re-run the SteamCMD update tool and try starting it again with the Addons folder still renamed. If it starts then, rename the Addons back the way it was, start the server and see what happens. If it doesn't start,

3. Rename the SourceMod folder and try it with MetaMod only. If it starts without SourceMod, you know it's something with SourceMod.

4. Update SourceMod again because you may have missed a file(s) or something. If it doesn't start,

5. Be absolutely 100% certain you have the latest SNAPSHOTS of both MetaMod and SourceMod, then the next step is to start isolating the individual SourceMod plugins one by one by removing them from the plugins folder until you determine which one is hosed.

I doubt it will take that much to resolve this however.

Let us know how it goes.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 10-02-2014 at 05:55.
LaMqTa
Old 10-02-2014 , 05:33   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #34

Is the dev version - 1.7.0-git4894 working?
StoerFaktoR
Old 10-02-2014 , 05:38   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #35

Metamod Snapshot : 1.11.0-git952.tar.gz

Sourcemod Snapshot : 1.7.0-git4894-linux.tar.gz

are working

Last edited by StoerFaktoR; 10-02-2014 at 05:39.
LaMqTa
Old 10-02-2014 , 06:13   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #36

Using MM:S v1.11.0-devV, SMod v1.7.0-dev+4892 on windows and as soon as i change level the server does lag and crashes in 90% of the time...
Also when i spawn i get the forward spawn and the server lags aswell...
Any suggestions ideas what i can do?
scso1502
Old 10-02-2014 , 14:01   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #37

@ LaMqTa - Rename the SourceMod plugins folder and test it. It may be a specific plugin which will require you to isolate the plugins one by one to find the offending one, but to confirm it's that, I'd start with renaming the entire plugins folder to make sure it's not SM itself causing your problems.

If you find it crashes with SourceMod loaded all by itself and no plugins running, try coping the latest versions of MM and SM to the server again in case a file didn't get transferred or is corrupted. You can also try MM 1.10 Dev and SM 1.6 Dev Snapshots and see if that fixes it. Those are what I'm using on my Windows 2008 server box for all my TF2 servers and I have no problems at all. If it runs without crashing and you have no plugins installed, start adding the plugins back one by to see which one is causing it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net
LaMqTa
Old 10-02-2014 , 14:50   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
@ LaMqTa - Rename the SourceMod plugins folder and test it. It may be a specific plugin which will require you to isolate the plugins one by one to find the offending one, but to confirm it's that, I'd start with renaming the entire plugins folder to make sure it's not SM itself causing your problems.

If you find it crashes with SourceMod loaded all by itself and no plugins running, try coping the latest versions of MM and SM to the server again in case a file didn't get transferred or is corrupted. You can also try MM 1.10 Dev and SM 1.6 Dev Snapshots and see if that fixes it. Those are what I'm using on my Windows 2008 server box for all my TF2 servers and I have no problems at all. If it runs without crashing and you have no plugins installed, start adding the plugins back one by to see which one is causing it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I have figured it out myself earlier today. It was one of the SM plugins. Also wanted to ask whats up with the SQL plugins on the stable snapshots and do anyone of you have problem with them because I cant connect to the DB or just the plugins are not working as they should, thats why i am using the devs snapshots (the SQL plugs are working there!) Thanks in advance!
medic917
Old 10-04-2014 , 18:18   Re: Servers not starting after 10-1-14 update
Reply With Quote #39

I also had issues with the versions you used LaMqTa. Mine had more frequent crashes and were some errors I never heard of lol.

I'm trying the other versions that people used in the pervious posts to see if it runs better.