12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

SkaP
Old 01-30-2010 , 06:39   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
And about the scripting, there is no need to force a mapchange everytime the plugin is loaded (besides, it takes twice as long to load into the game if you do) so I just removed ForceChangeLevel(Map, "Hidden weapon initialization.")
from the code and haven't had a problem with the weapons since that.
I can confirm this, works fine just tested it out. The weapons spawn, do damage, and do the damage they should be doing.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2010 , 08:21   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #322

0.4.2 and 0.4.3 still got the model bug.
I just picked up a grenade laucher at dark carnival 5 instead of a shotgun. It has happend on the parish 2 aswell.
I'll remove this plugin untill you haxe fixed it. It started to happen after version 0.3.1 and has existed in every version after that

Last edited by Visual77; 01-30-2010 at 08:24.
dacomb
Old 01-30-2010 , 13:42   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #323

Yeah, I remove Grenade Launchers with srsmod and this plugin made the shotgun in the DaC finale turn into a nade launcher...
I was pissed cause it didn't happen to my team... just the second team got the mix up.
ku5h
Old 01-30-2010 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #324

same thing happened to me ^ hard rain lvl 1 and the guns at start were showing tier 1 models then when u would pick up like a shotgun it would turn into an ak. other than that little bug that only happened once it runs fine on a windows server bat and all.

oh yeah i know this has already been asked but is it possible to get the knife?
Old 01-31-2010 , 02:19   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #325

Hi a few pages back you said something about adding the knife but couldnt aquire it as l4dmods downloads section was down... i have managed to dl it, but cant get it working in 2.0.0.8 at all and i dont know why..... anyway here it is maybe you can add it to this mod

i notice 5 dls of this file already... as i said i couldnt get it to work....i have noticed to if you apply the pak_01 file it wont let ppl into your server with consistancy error so be carful to back files up as i was.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Working_German_Knife.zip (583.0 KB, 358 views)

Last edited by kaotik; 01-31-2010 at 05:13.
boelie
Old 02-01-2010 , 05:46   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik View Post
Hi a few pages back you said something about adding the knife but couldnt aquire it as l4dmods downloads section was down... i have managed to dl it, but cant get it working in 2.0.0.8 at all and i dont know why..... anyway here it is maybe you can add it to this mod

i notice 5 dls of this file already... as i said i couldnt get it to work....i have noticed to if you apply the pak_01 file it wont let ppl into your server with consistancy error so be carful to back files up as i was.

ty for the file... well i am a total noob in modding and am just running a dedicated on my laptop but for all i can see the file works... i cant get it to work with the weapon spawner though but if you type in console give Hunting_knife it works like a a charm (exept sound and the funny movement it makes every second's and not showing the picture in the 2nd weapon slot)
nuwit
Old 02-01-2010 , 12:06   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.6
Reply With Quote #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jоnny View Post
l4d2_wu_bat is not working
me too
alexccs
Old 02-02-2010 , 03:13   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #328

for l4d2_wu_bat the exact error in game seems "NULL Ent 'weapon_baseball_bat' in GiveNamedItem!"
acetone
Old 02-04-2010 , 14:27   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #329

I don't know if the creator of this plugin has any ideas/comments regarding the baseball bats so I thought I would share how I got bats working on my server (you may want to backup your entire l4d2 dedicated server directory just in case):
  • First, extract the pak01*.vpk file contents (I used GCFScape- ignore the "d:" directory).
  • Backup, move or delete the now extracted VPKs.
  • Navigate to the scripts\melee directory. This is where the magic happens. Backup one of the melee weapon scripts (ie. crowbar.txt).
  • Copy the contents of baseball_bat.txt into the chosen weapon script that will now be replaced with a baseball bat.

Known problems with this method include:
  • HUD weapon icon remains the real icon (instead of baseball bat) regardless of what you set it to in the script file.
  • A LOT of errors in console on loading and map changes (and possibly logs) regarding models and such but doesn't seem to cause any problems in-game.
  • The first person idle animation for the bat seems to skip instead of smoothly loop. This might be a model bug. I have no idea if it can be fixed.
The best weapon to replace is probably the cricket bat since the HUD icons are the same or very similar. The only drawback is the cricket bat isn't as common as other melee weapons.
chichitrain
Old 02-09-2010 , 17:16   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.3
Reply With Quote #330

sorry, new to the adding plug-ins how do I install?