12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Crimson_Fox
Old 01-19-2010 , 23:58   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.9
Reply With Quote #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
The team working on the L4D conversions for L4D2 managed to add a knife to their maps. Might want to ask them about it.
I know how it's done, the issue is that in order to enable them for the stock campaigns some files have to be changed. That's not currently doable with a plug-in alone.
SkaP
Old 01-20-2010 , 01:27   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #262

Sorry I don't play COOP often enough to tell you. This plugin works perfectly for me since all I play is versus.
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 01:37   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cube View Post
it is cool that the css snipers do more damage now . But would there also be a possibility to give those weapons the power to kill riots also from the front?
And if yes, a cvar to enable/disable it would be cool
Tried it, it doesn't even register as doing damage to them when you shoot them from the front so it won't work. =/
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 01:51   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
As part of my autoexec.cfg, I have the command "sm plugins refresh." This makes the game freezes up with the error
Tested on two completely fresh installations of L4D2 using different teams' releases. I disabled all other plug-ins but yours, so I believe it's the culprit. The problem must have began somewhere in the 3.0 series of builds. I have been using an earlier release up until now and it didn't have this issue.
Yeah, I had to change how the weapons were initialised to avoid crashes. Why is it that you're running sm plugins refresh on your autoexec?

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Left 4 Dead 2's libraries and natives, but I poked through your code and saw that PrecacheHiddenWeaponModels() is called every time the plugin is loaded. Within the function, the native PrecacheModel() routine is called for each Counter Strike weapon. By refreshing plugins in the console, like I'm doing, it attempts to grab a precache a second time and I believe this causes an overflow.
Yep, sounds about right.

Quote:
I don't know if either of these are possible, but two solutions that come to mind:
1) Only call the PrecacheHiddenWeaponModels() routine when a game actually starts. (But I doubt you made a call to this function during the initialization unless you really needed to, so maybe this isn't feasible.)
I have to precache the models on plugin start otherwise Windows servers crash when the weapons are initialised.

Quote:
2) Add logic to determine if the caches have been loaded already, and if so, skip the call to the routine during initialization. (No idea if there is such a way.)
As a matter of fact... there's a function to do just that. I'll go ahead and add it to the next release which I'll put out shortly.
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 01:53   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunelvis View Post
Can you re-post version 3. You fixed the rain crash and did not have this rifle crash error. Thanks and nice job.
Thanks! I'm *positive* that version 3 had that error. Besides, I don't have it any more so I couldn't post it regardless. Sorry!
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 01:56   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash4218 View Post
using the latest version of this plugin, I've noticed that when using the SIG rifle, when you get incidiary/explosive ammo the gunfire sounds revert to M16 gunfire sounds. This also happens with the MP5 reverting to Silenced SMG and AWP to Military Sniper.
<nods> It's the way valve coded the sounds. Can't really do much about it unfortunately. I'm curious, does switching to your secondary and then back to your primary fix it?
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 02:07   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #267

Quote:
Even after removing any plugin refresh commands from my autoexec file, I'm noticing a lot of other various bugs in 0.4. I cannot seem to run a game for more than 3 minutes at a time before inevitably some gun-related model error causes it to crash.
If you could give me more details on when it happens and on your configuration I may have a better idea of what is causing it. Otherwise I really couldn't tell you.

Quote:
I second the request for some earlier versions to be reposted. I really wanted a plugin that simply enables counterstrike weapon damage so I can use it in conjunction with the points/award plugin. I don't actually need weapons to spawn in the rotation, nor the ability to modify damage values nor the ability to give players bats, etc.
Unfortunately I don't have the older versions to repost. Even if I did it would be a problem to support the different versions as I hardly have the time to support the latest version as it is. The source is available for you, if you're looking for a more limited feature set you could just comment out what you don't need.

Quote:
I really appreciate your contribution, but I think it's getting a little too ambitious to the point where it may be better to develop multiple plugins so you can isolate errors associated with different features from one another. It's important to keep code clean and manageable every step of the way before adding on more features. Otherwise, debugging becomes a real pain
It's not feasible to add all the functionality in different plug-ins. Besides, it's not the manageability of the code that's the problem, it's the weird quirks in Hard Rain and the differences between the Linux and Windows dedicated servers that's the issue. I don't have documentation to go by so the best I can do is rely on bug reports to have an idea of what may be going wrong. I've made a lot of pregress in regards to stability for windows servers, but there seems to still be an issue I haven't caught in Hard Rain.
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 02:09   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexccs View Post
report:
0.4 crashed on my coop server(win) which WU worked for over 2 days(5Xhrs) without problem, then server crashed changelevel with pop up error on awp mdl, last 2 lines of log(hlstatsX) show:

Loading map c4m3_sugarmill_b
Started map c4m3_sugarmill_b

They did used the awp in c4m2, seems no one carried awp into c4m2 safe house.
Thanks, there seems to still be an issue with the spawn recreation on those maps that I haven't caught. I'll look into it.
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-20-2010 , 02:10   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Sorry I don't play COOP often enough to tell you. This plugin works perfectly for me since all I play is versus.
NP, even that helps. It tells me the problem is somewhere in how things are handled between versus and coop.
Blakeocity
Old 01-20-2010 , 04:18   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4.1
Reply With Quote #270

Gah, I can't find the German Knife download anywhere, if anyone has it would they mind uploading it to Mediafire or somewhere for me?

Thanks/

Great plugin btw!