12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Crimson_Fox
Old 01-13-2010 , 06:47   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Gonna have to agree with GM-Scorp on this one. I love this plugin but it's effecting my friends and I ability to join my server about 75% of the time. The plugin was perfect around version 3.0 just for the heads up. Hope you can iron it out. If you want to see exactly what the problem is, my steam id is "skapocalypse" add me I'll show you the problem we are experiencing. Just let me know and good luck ironing it all out.
Totally understand, being able to get to the server is more important for sure. I'm just puzzled as to why it's happening at all. I do have one idea though, I'm guessing the initialisation might be messing with some other plug-in. Can you and GM-Scorp give this a try and let me know if the problem is still there?

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 01-14-2010 at 02:27.
chunXray
Old 01-13-2010 , 07:01   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #222

again in c4m4_milltown_b but not c4m3_sugarmill_b @ v0.3.8 on 2.0.0.8
[IMG]http://img684.**************/img684/8740/howsad.jpg[/IMG]

i think its crashing me =[

i reinstall whole game and all plugins
then i tried one by one, it still crash after loading Weapon Unlock. how sad

Last edited by chunXray; 01-13-2010 at 12:30.
shotgunelvis
Old 01-13-2010 , 09:50   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #223

Way to start a thread/Mod and stick with it. Nice!
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2010 , 10:11   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #224

I think the "not precashed" error happens if:
1. Your l4d 2 installation is missing model files.
2. You're server is running an old version of the game, latest is 2.0.0.8
3. Your server installation was incomplete/missing the model files.

Can anyone report if there are any bugs with v0.3.8?
MagnoT
Old 01-13-2010 , 21:34   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
I think the "not precashed" error happens if:
1. Your l4d 2 installation is missing model files.
2. You're server is running an old version of the game, latest is 2.0.0.8
3. Your server installation was incomplete/missing the model files.

Can anyone report if there are any bugs with v0.3.8?
No, I didn't test it yet. I had those not precache models problem again...
That's the thing... To test it, I added the precachemodels prototype in different spots in the source code. Then I ran 'Hard Rain', with the v0.3.7 the game still crashed. I moved the prototype to the SetDynamicWeaponSpawns()
and ran it again. It worked fine. Maybe it's something related to the game/sourcemod itself which affects models precaching causing random crashes...
Even using the precache prototpe over every map start doesn't seem to work, so I forced precaching by adding it to every weapon spawn... so I'll know that to spawn a weapon, the plugin will precache its model again...
I'm not completely sure about it, but it's working for me so far...
I'm gonna test it again...
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-13-2010 , 23:21   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #226

The current problem isn't where the precaching is placed but rather that Valve does some voodoo in Hard Rain. This is so that it remembers what weapons were previously spawned, that way when the survivors head back the same weapons are there for them. The problem with that is that the code is ran before the plug-in loads, so it doesn't get a chance to precache the models which in turn causes the graphics rendering engine to bomb when it restores the hidden weapons.

You can verify this because the maps on their own don't have a problem, it's the transition from the previous ones that kill it. Linux servers don't have an issue with it since they don't seem to have the graphics rendering engine where as windows servers seem to have it built-in even if they're dedicated.

I'm trying to work around this by restoring the spawns to the way they were before the map changes, but that seems to only work with milltown_a -> sugarmill_a. The other possibility is to try Stripper Source as it seems to load earlier than the SourceMod plug-ins. I still have a few things I can try, so I'll be giving that a shot.

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 01-13-2010 at 23:48.
SkaP
Old 01-14-2010 , 02:01   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.8
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Fox View Post
Totally understand, being able to get to the server is more important for sure. I'm just puzzled as to why it's happening at all. I do have one idea though, I'm guessing the initialisation might be messing with some other plug-in. Can you and GM-Scorp give this a try and let me know if the problem is still there?
This version works perfectly, I got into the server everytime and the CS:S weapons where there.

However Hard Rain 1(Milltown A) for the second team still has the weapons bug but I could care less if this version works and lets me in the server.

Last edited by SkaP; 01-14-2010 at 02:09.
lexantis
Old 01-14-2010 , 09:23   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.9
Reply With Quote #228

and where is the German Knife man ?
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-14-2010 , 14:10   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.9
Reply With Quote #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
and where is the German Knife man ?
It's put on hold ATM. I'd love to see it myself, but it's a good deal more complicated than the weapons. I'm working on making the plug-in stable and getting the weapons on other modes first.
SkaP
Old 01-14-2010 , 20:04   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.9
Reply With Quote #230

Hard Rain 1(Milltown A) round 2 is almost fixed. I think it can be easily fixed now.

This time I played the second round, the weapon bug was still there but it was fixed for the most part. The weapons at the pier(not in the burger tank but the weapons at the start) were still bugged(uzi was a D-Eagle, shotgun was a SCAR, pistol was correct) but every other weapon in the map was the correct weapon until the safe room. It was then I noticed what happened. The SCAR in the saferoom was a pump shotgun and the D-Eagle was an Uzi. The rest of the safe room weapons were correct. What happened was the pier weapons were swapped with the weapons in the end safe room for whatever reason. Hope this helps.