Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Grenade Trails

Post New Thread Reply   

Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2008 , 01:45   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #11

...nice discussion guys, you also want to remake my version of the plugin and post it here? there is no better way to do this, other than using virtual hooks which is unsupported right now.
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-24-2008 , 02:13   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #12

Um, sure there is. Just make an array the size of GetMaxEntities() and when you find a grenade, set the array at that entity's number to 1. When it's destroyed set it back to 0. That way you can check if it already has a trail behind it or not.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2008 , 01:48   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #13

You should make it smoke like in DODS instead of colors.

Wizman87
Old 05-11-2008 , 13:43   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #14

Hey Fredd, I installed your Grenade Trails v1.0 plugin onto my server, and it is working great, with the exception of one thing that I noticed. I started getting this error message each time upon throwing a random HE grenade, flashbang, or smoke grenade (any grenade) over de_dust2's platform (bomb planting radius @ bombsite A) from CT spawn towards the ramp/small hill up to the platform area:

Quote:
Engine Error:
CUtlLinkedList overflow!

hl2.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
I'm not sure if you've encountered this error yet or if its on your "To Fix Bugs" list, but I'm reporting it anyways ~ just incase. I might be the first one to encounter this, since no one else has seen this occurance, let alone, heard of, or commented on it yet. (Not to mention I want it fixed ASAP so I can put it back onto my server, haha. Nothing to say about helping out in the process though.)

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a random occurance either since I've tried testing multiple times (via relaunching CS:S, rejoining my server, etc), and throwing it in the same radius area towards the same destination again and again. It doesn't seem to crash when I throw any type of grenade anywhere else (or to say the least, in a spot that I haven't encountered yet ~ on any other map as well). It seems to spring that error with any grenade that I throw though, like I previously mentioned. Also, I'm not sure if its client-side, if its a programming error, or if its a plugin conflict, but I've got my ideas, since it doesn't seem to crash the server, and I'm more than likely sure my plugins are all working fine together via server-side. I'm thinking its a programming error, in relation with the engine's code and the plugin's code since it only crashes the client. The trail is overflowing since it is being multiplied/calculated or trailed/displayed multiple times over and over again, much in the same way that cjeshjoir described in his earlier post with his screenshot, thereby creating a flow error aka buffer overflow. It's probably a small fix.

If I could, I'd have a go at looking at your code, but seeing as I have no knowledge of HL2 engine based coding, I'll have to resort to waiting for a bug fix or a re-release. (No surprise there.) ^^''

In the meantime, I'll test things out a bit more and see if I run into any other bugs worth mentioning. =P

*cough*

Time to get crackin'!! >=P!

"Go, go, go!" "MOVE!!"

Last edited by Wizman87; 05-13-2008 at 06:12.
Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2008 , 15:51   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #15

im planning to rewrite the code, so just hang in there..
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2008 , 15:59   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #16

We got the same too, loaded it up with 64 players on and at least 50% of them got that error as described above.

For the ones that didn't receieve that error, it worked well

Matt
Old 05-21-2008 , 12:48   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #17

Hi !

Same overflow bug here... It is client-side only...

I think it happens because when you see many trails at the same time, each trail part is kept in a client-side memory list, and this list is not big enough to keep all those trail-parts...

I think for bug-correction :
- Ask Valve
- Change the trail-related function to draw a part only each 10 gameframes (or less often)

Good luck
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2008 , 17:56   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #18

im going to update this soon to work better, so h\o.
Old 05-31-2008 , 12:48   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #19

I love this plugin and will keep using it on my server if the crashing stops. Thanks a lot!
Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 17:37   Re: Grenade Trails
Reply With Quote #20

update is coming soon it will be all fixed.